Insulting buyer- ticked off about shipping method!

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
I came home from work the other day and saw I had received a payment through paypal and one of my items had sold! Right away I went into my emails and started sending a return email to the buyer-- I saw she had sent an email (not a formal offer) offering a lower price but then she had gone ahead and purchased my item. I got it ready for the post office, and paid for the priority mail postage through paypal like I always do. However, later on in the evening I noticed the buyer had included a message stating she's "never home during the day" and to have the mailman "just leave the package".
My listing clearly states I only ship Priority with tracking, sig confirmation, blah blah..... but she's a newbie - no feedback.... so she's probably not aware of the scams, problems with "lost packages" etc. (Ok, I give her the benefit of the doubt).
Anyway, I shipped the bag priority and sent the tracking info and she sent a nasty email back saying she's never home but really rude like What now?? I'm never home...."
I sent back an email explaining my shipping policy how it's for protection for both of us.... and then she sent a reply --"Geez, I guess I'll let you know in the feedback how you can't read directions"
I was so pi$$ed off- and btw, her avatar/pic is not friendly looking at all--she's standing in a threatening position with a mean look on her face:nuts: not very bag-friendly at all or even people-friendly !
But I was annoyed so I said something like _You need to re-read my listing. I clearly state shipping policies, etc etc. but very politely. I feel like I should have sent the buyer her money back and not shipped the item. I'm just worried she'll pull some scam. I haven't heard a reply but I'm sure it won't be nice.

yikes, i'm sorry ur buyer is being nasty. I would tell her mailman will leave her a slip if she wasn't here at the time of delivery, she can call PO and tell them hold the package from being delivered again, so she can pick it up at her time.

Yep there are lots of weirdos out there. I am dealing with someone making me very uncomfortable and I wish I didn't have to post the item. Hope all goes well for you.

Just wanted to say that the avatar description makes me wonder about her. I saw the wife of a friend pointing a handgun at the viewer in her avatar, up close and personal. Crazy.

Sorry about your experience with the newbie. Being new isn't a free pass for being rude, inconsiderate, and flippant.

I came home from work the other day and saw I had received a payment through paypal and one of my items had sold! Right away I went into my emails and started sending a return email to the buyer-- I saw she had sent an email (not a formal offer) offering a lower price but then she had gone ahead and purchased my item. I got it ready for the post office, and paid for the priority mail postage through paypal like I always do. However, later on in the evening I noticed the buyer had included a message stating she's "never home during the day" and to have the mailman "just leave the package".
My listing clearly states I only ship Priority with tracking, sig confirmation, blah blah..... but she's a newbie - no feedback.... so she's probably not aware of the scams, problems with "lost packages" etc. (Ok, I give her the benefit of the doubt).
Anyway, I shipped the bag priority and sent the tracking info and she sent a nasty email back saying she's never home but really rude like What now?? I'm never home...."
I sent back an email explaining my shipping policy how it's for protection for both of us.... and then she sent a reply --"Geez, I guess I'll let you know in the feedback how you can't read directions"
I was so pi$$ed off- and btw, her avatar/pic is not friendly looking at all--she's standing in a threatening position with a mean look on her face:nuts: not very bag-friendly at all or even people-friendly !
But I was annoyed so I said something like _You need to re-read my listing. I clearly state shipping policies, etc etc. but very politely. I feel like I should have sent the buyer her money back and not shipped the item. I'm just worried she'll pull some scam. I haven't heard a reply but I'm sure it won't be nice.
1. You clearly stated in your auction the way you shipped... You are not in fault here (I would have replied this, "Geez, I guess I'll let you know in feedback how you can't read, period.")
2. I am not sure this falls under feedback extortion, but I still think you should (try and) report her to eBay. Maybe they can help, or remove the feedback when it is negative. (Obviously don't send her the reply I would've sent her then ;))

Sorry you are dealing with this and good luck!!

Since both eBay and PayPal require sig. confirmation on items over $250 to qualify for their protections, I wonder if they'd remove neutral/negative FB if it was left about the shipping method? They'll remove it if it's left about customs fees/delays, and this seems like something that is equally out of the hands of the seller, KWIM?

I got that from some buyer on Bonanzle. Went into this long tirade about how she wasn't home during the day, had to take off to get it, boo hoo hoo,,,,

I insure everything I sell. It is in my listings. Too bad.

Oh, you got one of those perpetually constipated buyers, didn't you? Lucky you....
I would be tempted to send her a message thru ebay:
"Dear A**hat ( except you should probably use her real name),
As you are new to ebay, I have a solution that will probably work best for us both. Since picking up the package is inconvenient to you with your job (and I do understand since I had to use my lunch break in order to go to the Post Office and stand in line to mail your package- and the forms that I had to fill out! Oy! But I digress....)
I suggest you not pick up the package when the post office leaves you the pick up slip. The purse will come back to me and I can re-list and hopefully sell to someone who is more educated as to how ebay functions and who is pleasant and will appreciate the opportunity to buy this bag.
To help you avoid the temptation to inconvenience you like this in future, I will block you from bidding on my auctions in future.
And I'll go one step further if you like. May I post your ebay name on a worldwide forum to let all the members know not to tempt you with their bags as well? Please let me know what I can do to help you avoid the inconvenience I caused you by following ebay's rules.
I eagerly await your response. In the meantime, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year."
Good luck with this situation, OP. And I wish you a Merry Christmas as well!
OT, I really have noticed people are particularly crabby this holiday season....

LOL gacats awesome response! ^^^
OP, I had the EXACT situation and I feel for you - in my case the seller refused to pick up the item at the post office because it was 20 miles away - I googled and of course, it was about 3 miles from her house. I told her no problem, it will come back to me and I will refund you minus shipping as per ebay policy. She picked it up about 2 hours later and for some reason despite her threats, didn't bother leaving feedback.
Some people are just nasty and lazy, don't let it ruin your day.

LOL!!!

This is perfection! I think I love you gacats!

Oh, you got one of those perpetually constipated buyers, didn't you? Lucky you....
I would be tempted to send her a message thru ebay:
"Dear A**hat ( except you should probably use her real name),
As you are new to ebay, I have a solution that will probably work best for us both. Since picking up the package is inconvenient to you with your job (and I do understand since I had to use my lunch break in order to go to the Post Office and stand in line to mail your package- and the forms that I had to fill out! Oy! But I digress....)
I suggest you not pick up the package when the post office leaves you the pick up slip. The purse will come back to me and I can re-list and hopefully sell to someone who is more educated as to how ebay functions and who is pleasant and will appreciate the opportunity to buy this bag.
To help you avoid the temptation to inconvenience you like this in future, I will block you from bidding on my auctions in future.
And I'll go one step further if you like. May I post your ebay name on a worldwide forum to let all the members know not to tempt you with their bags as well? Please let me know what I can do to help you avoid the inconvenience I caused you by following ebay's rules.
I eagerly await your response. In the meantime, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year."
Good luck with this situation, OP. And I wish you a Merry Christmas as well!
OT, I really have noticed people are particularly crabby this holiday season....

I lived in a place where it would be impossible if I needed to pick up the package and I was rarely home to get it. It was because the post office was very far away (almost out of town) and I had no car. However, in those cases, I asked the seller to not put sig confirm on it and if they had to, to know that if for some reason it gets returned because I can't arrange to get it on time, then I would pay for all the shipping charges that incurred and for return shipping again to me (because I don't bid on things I don't really want).

However, while my post office was known to be a pain, I still managed to get all the packages with only one being returned to sender. Sender never resent it and never reimbursed me for it. I didn't file a claim because it was my fault I couldn't be there to receive it. I do still miss that shirt though and wish I had gotten it! Ha!

If buyers don't feel like being bothered with packages, why do they bid/buy? Maybe she expected the mailman to drop it down her chimney?:wtf:
:lol: I guess so....

This buyer is also from bonz and I had misgivings from the beginning--- I'm going to go with my gut from now on though.

I just checked the tracking and it's out for delivery. Shipping was pretty fast- two days to get from Florida to Washington,D.C. How long does the PO hold items before returning it to the sender?