Instead of Bal - AW, LP, Moni Moni, Oryany?

foxgal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
Canada
mobsworldtravel.blogspot.ca
Help Needed! I'm honing my collection to the size and shape I find most useful for me - convertible satchels for shoulder/crossbody carry about 12-14" wide. I have a vintage H Kelly and a vintage Celine satchel, but both are pretty prim looking. I need to find something kinda rocker-ish in smooshy leather for casual days. Would LOVE a Balenciaga Giant City (who wouldn't :P ) but that's just not in the financial cards right now. Something under $600, likely pre-loved.

I've search all over this forum and am narrowing it down to:
- an Alexander Wang Rocco or Eugene?
- a Linea Pelle Dylan Speedy?
- a Moni Moni Splendor?
- an Oryany Juju (cheapest option)?

Which do you think is best? Anyone have experience with these? Any other ideas? TIA!

foxgal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
Canada
Pics will help:

1 - AW Rocco
2 - LP
3 - Moni Moni
4 - Oryany

Note I just pulled these off Google - they aren't pics of the actual bags I'm considering buying.

Attachments

alouette

What the VEEP?
Nov 28, 2006
at CrossFit
I like the AW Rocco the best if you can stand the weight.
The Oryany one is on sale (or at least was on sale) at Nords. I saw the darker brown choco and black. They had a nice shape.

My .02.

ms p

so blessed
O.G.
Jan 9, 2007
Both linea pelle and moni moni has unfinished edge so are u ok with that?

Out of the 4 u listed i only have experience with linea pelle and i really like the leather -> very soft and smooshy :heart:.

I did consider moni moni but not sure how well the leather wears. I don't really like some of the close up pic on *bay so i decided not to get it.

Tonij, your asher looks so gorgeous :drool:

foxgal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
Canada
Here's a Treesje Asher.

Thanks everyone for your feedback :ty:

Tonij2000, I really like this Asher! How have you found it to hold up? Is the leather soft and pliable?

After doing more research on Alexander Wang, I've really fallen hard for the Diego bucket bag too :drool: I know it's not a satchel, but it has both a hand and shoulder carry strap, and think it would be easy to fit my Chameleon insert in with all my stuff. Will keep you posted if I get anything. I'm also going to Mexico soon and curious about handcrafted leather down there...

More suggestions always welcome!

foxgal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
Canada
Thanks again for all your help. Based on feedback, I felt pretty good about Alexander Wang and ordered....a Diego bucket bag! It's not the Rocco I was originally considering, but I think it will work well in my collection...my Chameleon insert will work perfectly in it and it has the hand or shoulder carry option! Thanks - another tPF success story! :woohoo: