Instant reveal + questions for boy bag owners!

D3183

May 6, 2013
So, I desperately wanted a new medium sized boy before the price increase...and found one. I loved this bag in photos but had never seen it in person.

Here she is!

Attachments

D3183

May 6, 2013
Now for my questions. I love the bag, but when I unboxed it, I found a few questionable things...unless they are just normal for boy bags?

I found that there is visible creasing on both the front and back of the flap. I assume that this will happen as I use the bag anyway, but I would prefer that the bag had come without these...Do I need to worry about the leather cracking?

Attachments

D3183

May 6, 2013
There is also a small scratch on one of the front quilts. Big deal? It doesn't bother me a WHOLE lot, but just wondering what you would do. :smile: It concerns me that maybe this bag damages really easily?

Attachments

D3183

May 6, 2013
Despite the things that I wonder about re: this particular bag...I have to say I love how lightweight it is and also how much fits into it. It doesn't fit as comfortably as my single flap jumbo, but it does hold:

Epi pen
Mini pochette
LV zippy compact wallet
mints
PM agenda
pen
folded up waterproof bag
tissues
checkbook

Attachments

Le0pard

Feb 21, 2014
Southern California
I love the color! That creasing may be from opening and closing the boy? But I don't have a boy, so I don't really know, sorry :sad: but if it is a problem, I would try to return it and find another

queenbee11

Oct 13, 2011
The scratch doesn't bother me that much. The creasing seems visible. I have 2 boys and they come without creasing even after I used them for a while. That being said, this is a stunning boy! I really love the new medium size. And you got it before the price increase. If the creasing does not bother you that much, I would keep it. Otherwise maybe look for another one. Maybe ask your SA for a replacement today? I wonder if they can honor the old price since it's not your fault the bag comes with creasing?? Anyhow I still love your boy! The color is amazing!

Last edited:

avril1

Sep 6, 2012
It's a beautiful bag!

The bag was probably shown to a few customers.... But I know what you mean about getting an un-creased bag. My boy came without any creasing. However, there are signs of some creasing after a few days of use. Will the leather crack? No. However, the crease will get a little more noticeable with use.

arissy29

O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
Eeek! I'm not one that closely examines every angle of my bags, but if I saw creasing like that it would get fixated on it.

htkt

O.G.
Jan 31, 2010
After it's been opened and closed a few times, it might show that crease. I try to be as careful as I can with mine. But it should not show on a new one. This is probably a display piece that has been shown to many customers.

I am really picky, so I'd return it, tbh. However if it doesn't bother you a lot, keep it, it's such a pretty bag.

Juniper10

Oct 28, 2010
Florida
It wouldn't bother me. The bag is super cool.

So boys are light? I assumed with that chunkier chain hardware it would be very heavy.

channar

Oct 13, 2013
CA, USA
the bag is very beautiful. Just call them and ask for a replacement. Maybe they can find you another one, or honer your old price even after price increase.