Instant reveal, questions and opinions needed on SLG

best_carnation

Handbag lover
Jun 21, 2010
Hello everyone! First of all,let me share with you my very first Chanel piece: old medium, black, caviar, RTH - the exact combo that I want and I feel very lucky.
I had gotten myself a mini red lady Dior as a bday gift few weeks ago. And because of that I started going back here frequently to read stories and adore all the pieces and ofc fell in love with Chanel. With that bday present I thought I'd wait till next year for a Chanel, but I figured if I wanted one anyway and waiting only made it more expensive, I took the plunge for my 1st bag. It was quite an amusing at the Chanel store in Zurich. I had gone there on a Fri after work but SAs told me they didn't have any in the combo I wanted but there might be one when the stock came the next day (I would think they would know exactly what they got since it was already close to the closing hour of that day!!!) Anyway I literally couldn't sleep so well that night haha and rushed to the store on Sat asap. After waiting for 15' for someone to come help me, I had to insist to my SA that I had seen another SA bringing that exact bag back to the stockroom, as she kept telling me it was not available. Then I pointed at a bag in the corner and told her "I want that exact same bag, except in black color". That helped as she used the code of the blue bag to check and brought me the bag I wanted. Phew!!! Luckily I watched people around me. So here he is!
IMG_9178.JPG IMG_9201.JPG IMG_9206.JPG
However, can you tell me if this is the correct dust bag? It's quite small and literally the boy just fits in with no more room on the sides. I'm not used to that as other brands I buy from always gave me bigger dust bags. So I had to struggle a bit to put it in.
IMG_9213.JPG
Also I would appreciate if you could give me your opinions on SLG. Before going to Chanel I had the LV store order a red vernis zippy coin purse for me. Now I've seen so many cute Chanel caviar classic flap card holders/ zippy coin purses I want one as well. My store however only has black flap card holders at the moment, no zcp. For me:
- LV zcp: red the color I want, practical and roomy as I want to put about 8 cards + notes folded halfway + coins that are sometimes heavy and 3cm in diameter. But vernis needs some care and it's a bit bigger for my mini bag.
- Chanel classic flap card holder (the one that looks like a tiny classic flap bag): smaller so save space in my mini lady Dior. But only 1 big compartment which I don't know can keep notes folded halfway and practical for coins in the front compartment? And, so CUTE!
- Chanel zcp: not as cute as the card holder but compartments help to organize things better and zip to secure things. But I have to wait until it comes to the store again, right now no one knows when.
LV only reserves the piece for me till Sat so I have to make a decision soon and I'd love to hear your opinions.
Thank you very much for letting me share this long post and for all your thoughts :smile:! Once again, very happy to join the Chanel family.

Congrats on your old medium boy! He's beautiful! I have a few old medium boys and some came in the same size dust bag you received, some came in a slightly larger dust bag. Mine were all purchased from different authorized retailers and Chanel Boutique in Paris, so it seems the size of dust bags given varies. I place my boy in the smaller dust bag sideways and it fits in there easier.

As for SLGs, I carry very little in the way of cards and rarely carry cash, so my preference is the flat CC Cardholder. But I also have both the CC Classic Flap Cardholder and the CC Zip Coin Purse for those times when I need to carry more and of the two I actually prefer the CC Zip Coin Purse because it takes up a bit less space. I do not have the LV Zip Coin Purse, but I understand its size is about the same as the CC ZCP but it may hold a bit more, so that may be the right choice for you if you carry more. Here are some shots of what I carry in my old medium boy that I posted a while back in the "What's in your Chanel bag today" thread. HTH and congrats on your beautiful boy!

ccconta-jpg.3357762

cccontb-jpg.3357763

Congrats on your old medium boy! He's beautiful! I have a few old medium boys and some came in the same size dust bag you received, some came in a slightly larger dust bag. Mine were all purchased from different authorized retailers and Chanel Boutique in Paris, so it seems the size of dust bags given varies. I place my boy in the smaller dust bag sideways and it fits in there easier.

As for SLGs, I carry very little in the way of cards and rarely carry cash, so my preference is the flat CC Cardholder. But I also have both the CC Classic Flap Cardholder and the CC Zip Coin Purse for those times when I need to carry more and of the two I actually prefer the CC Zip Coin Purse because it takes up a bit less space. I do not have the LV Zip Coin Purse, but I understand its size is about the same as the CC ZCP but it may hold a bit more, so that may be the right choice for you if you carry more. Here are some shots of what I carry in my old medium boy that I posted a while back in the "What's in your Chanel bag today" thread. HTH and congrats on your beautiful boy!
Your boy has a lovely color, if I could get a second one I would eye one of those like yours :smile:. And thanks for the opinion. I don't have the habit of changing SLGs, that's why it's so hard to decide on one that i will use for a long time for all my bags.

Reactions: lexus72
Congratulations ! My Bags differ. My Boy Bag was small like yours. The mini bag was a bit bigger. I have 2 small zip Chanel card/coin cases. Also a card holder. I usually use one Chanel zip and a card holder with my LV Key Cles. They fit perfectly.

Reactions: best_carnation
I also like both Chanel and LV zippy coin purses. LV's is very "cute", and makes me smile anytime I hold it. Chanel is subdued and depending on the design, sometimes sneaks through grocery stores and malls undetected as a Chanel. I also used to have a Chanel caviar medium wallet. It was burgundy, but sometimes looked so brown and dusty instead. I liked the wallet, but just wondered why the Chanel caviar SLGs seemed to always take a turn for the worse. I still love them though!

Currently I have neither Chanel nor LV zippy purses--I have two LV Cles' and an Hermes Silk 'In. A zippy for me is okay, but it's too small in my big purses, and too big in my smaller purses. Even when I walked around with it in my pocket, it was kind of thick.

If you are not bothered by fingerprints on the LV Vernis, I would probably get that one. It seems like your first love. I never minded wiping off my LV Vernis items; it was no big deal to me. But I know for some it can be very annoying.

I hope all of this helps!

Reactions: best_carnation
My SA at Neimans has this one in black and there was a pretty white it's adorable it is also caviar with a little bit of sparkle let me know if u want his info. IMG_1486111530.907883.jpg. I think it would go great with your new boy!

My SA at Neimans has this one in black and there was a pretty white it's adorable it is also caviar with a little bit of sparkle let me know if u want his info.
I think it would go great with your new boy!
It's indeed very lovely. However I don't live in the states. It seems easy to shop there when SAs send you photos and you can order without personally visiting the store. Here there's only 1 in the city so when something's out of stock, I can only wait. Thanks anyway.