Instant Reveal! My First PS1: Military!!!

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
And so it has begun! My latest obsession: PS!!!
I just got my very first PS: a medium PS1 in gorrrrrrgeous MILITARY!!!!
Im truly in love. Its been forever since i have been THIS excited about a bag.
Question tho: the color is so gorgeous and saturated & i want to keep it that way. I have read about color fading, etc. How should i protect it? I have read some ppl use Vectra (which i already have from spraying my furniture), and i also have Wilsons Leather lotion conditioner, Lovin' My Bags products: for handles only, botanical silk miracle shield, silk serum, and botanical silk moisturizer.
Advice, please!!
😊
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405451632.470004.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405451681.330189.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405451694.410266.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405451709.996403.jpg

Congrats!! :biggrin: It's a great color for the PS1!

I think the products you have would work or perhaps a spray like Apple Gardé or Collonil. I know Lovin' My Bags advice against treating unfinished leather with some products though, see their FAQ page.

Congrats!! :biggrin: It's a great color for the PS1!

I think the products you have would work or perhaps a spray like Apple Gardé or Collonil. I know Lovin' My Bags advice against treating unfinished leather with some products though, see their FAQ page.

Ok thank you, i will look at their FAQ. Do you not advise vectra? I dont have those other sprays, but i can order them. Do they protect against fading as well?

Vectra could work, btw Collonil is sold in Mulberry stores. I'm trying to remember if I've seen Military faded color but for example bright blue or purple will sometimes fade in the store lighting when on display.

Ok great! I will hold off on the Vectra & i just ordered two cans of Apple Guarde spray from amazon. Because i live in Atlanta, the sun is brutal this time of year so i will wait until it arrives before i take my new bag out.
It says it protects against rain & stains, but does it protect against color fading?

(I have a Midnight SKA on its way to me, so i want to protect these bags! 😉)

Congrats on your lovely bag
I have a Keep all in the Military color and haven't noticed any fading. It's held up well. I haven't noticed any scratches or marks either. I probably sprayed it with Apple Garde when I first got it.
Enjoy your new bag. Military is a great neutral color.

Congrats on your lovely bag
I have a Keep all in the Military color and haven't noticed any fading. It's held up well. I haven't noticed any scratches or marks either. I probably sprayed it with Apple Garde when I first got it.
Enjoy your new bag. Military is a great neutral color.

I have a keepall on its way to me! Yay!! I think i may find that style to be more "me". I ordered Apple Guarde & am waiting to use this PS1 until i get it, but the bag seems small-ish!

I have a keepall on its way to me! Yay!! I think i may find that style to be more "me". I ordered Apple Guarde & am waiting to use this PS1 until i get it, but the bag seems small-ish!
small keep all is really large and lightweight. I like a bag that can be carried on shoulder or on arm so this fits the bill for me.
what color keep all are you waiting for?

I'm sure midnight will be beautiful. So you will choose between the midnight keep all and the military PS1?
Will be interested to see what you decide.

My plan was to keep both. I absolutely love the military color but im just wondering if the medium is too small (?). A large might be better for me. By the measurement the SKA sounds perfect! Im jealous you have it in Military!!