Instant Reveal! Medium Antigona in grey croc stamp

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello!! I must admit, this was somewhat of an impulse purchase but when I saw it at Barney's, I couldn't take my eyes off it.

I have never owned a Givenchy before nor have I really done any research so I was confused when the sales lady said this is suede when inside the bag it said it is 100% calf (which I didn't see until I got home).

And stupid me, I actually let her spray some suede protector/water repellent on it. It actually doesn't look like she did anything to the bag but I could smell it. Would you be upset at yourself if you had allowed someone to do that because they had told you it's suede when it is in fact not??

Well, without further ado, here it is! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395963110.112733.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395963123.086122.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395963131.501717.jpg

2. OMG, it's gorgeous!! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: I believe Amanda Seyfried has one exactly like this!

3. ohhhh, excellent choice...:woot:

4. It is an absolute royalty! How gorgeous!!

5. Wow congrats on such a beauty! :heart: I love the look of the croc embossed leather.

6. Stunning color dear! Congrats :smile:

The leather looks like velvety some kinda like suede but not quite in the pics. I love how it look like theres 2 hints of color.

Mod pics mod pics mod pics please :biggrin:

7. I don't think what the SA said is really of any significance. Suede is simply the underside of the leather, not a different leather. I did see that on BNY and LOVE it. The smell of the spray will likely disappear after a little while. I would just let her sit and air out. Don't get too upset about it. Considering it is a suede-ish (for lack of a better description) finish, I would probably want some kind of protectant on there too.

The color and texture are amazing. Pls do share modshots. I absolutely LOVE this bag on Amanda and I bet you will rock this bag as well! I like to see photos of Amanda wearing this bag with virtually anything...dressy outfits, casual traveling clothes and even shorts in the summer. I hope you enjoyr her that much too.

Congratulations!!!

8. it's gorgeous! Good buy, I love it :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

9. Awww thanks everyone! I'll try to get some more shots soon.

I'm not upset about the SA telling me the wrong thing as I know they do that from time to time. I just wasn't sure if the protectant will damage the leather or not, but sounds like it should be ok. Def very excited about this new purchase!

10. My guess is you will be just fine. Take her out for a spin and take lots of photos!!!

11. That really is a beautiful bag....and the spray smell should dissipate very quickly.

12. #12 Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    Stunning :loveeyes::loveeyes: I was eyeing this on the Barney's website and your pics completely convinced me to buy! They are sold out online now and when I called the 800 number they only had two left in stores. I called one store and purchased it over the phone. Anyone else who is interested there was one left in their Arizona store as of this afternoon. Enjoy this lovely bag!!

13. Congrats!!! I almost had my hand on this beauty during the 2012 post-Christmas sales, but Barneys canceled the order an hour later. Enjoy! Cheers! 😉😍😄

14. I am not one for stamped croc, but this texture looks amazing. congrats!!

15. Awesome buy! I am so glad someone posted pics of this particular bag. I too was eyeing this one on the Barney's website. I totally fell in love with it but wanted to give myself a day to think it over and wouldn't you know as soon as I was ready to purchase online it was all sold out. So I called customer service and had it shipped out from the store in Beverly Hills, it was the last one left. I'm so glad that I got it! I am eagerly awaiting its arrival. I just so happened to check out this forum and you have posted these gorgeous pics which only confirm that I am going to absolutely Love this bag! Please let me know how it carries as this is my first purchase from Givenchy as well. Wasn't sure about this type of suede like leather, just want to know how it holds up.