Instant reveal: gris ciment pompon

missmoimoi

Dec 5, 2009
Bal 2012 gris ciment pompon.jpg

Could not resist...RGH is my favourite and this is the mRGH. The leather is really nice, smooth & relatively thick and not at all dry. I like Bal bags to get distressed but I don't want leather that is too dry or papery.

I think the shoulder strap is shorter than what it used to be on older pompon bags, but not 100% sure. I can still wear this cross body. I'm thrilled at how light weight she is :hbeat:
plus she is so adorable! :love:

View attachment 1569039

Could not resist...RGH is my favourite and this is the mRGH. The leather is really nice, smooth & relatively thick and not at all dry. I like Bal bags to get distressed but I don't want leather that is too dry or papery.

I think the shoulder strap is shorter than what it used to be on older pompon bags, but not 100% sure. I can still wear this cross body. I'm thrilled at how light weight she is :hbeat:
plus she is so adorable! :love:

--Is the bag new? 2012? I have not seen too many and wondered if they were not making them for the S/S 2012 season-
Can I ask where you got it?:smile:

--Is the bag new? 2012? I have not seen too many and wondered if they were not making them for the S/S 2012 season-
Can I ask where you got it?:smile:

Yes, the bag is brand new from Holt Renfrew (they had 3 in stock, now 2). I'm sure (now) that it's SS 2012 because it has medRGH, plus Gris ciment is a SS 2012 colour. I have been checking online at Balenciaga USA and the giant Pompon was there but now it's gone and they only show the mini Pompon.

When I checked the Balenciaga UK site, they still have the black giant Pompon with GGH.

I've noticed that the Balenciaga website doesn't show anything in Gris ciment yet and they don't show Dark Violet either. The SA at Holt Renfrew showed me their Balenciaga catalogue and she said that Dark Violet does not appear in the 'reg' catalogue but an additional catalogue. HTH :biggrin:

I know I'm being silly but I'm allowed to amongst TPF members!

Bal bag new life 1.jpg

Bal bag new life 2.jpg

Bal bag new life 3.jpg

Bal bag new life 4.jpg

Bal bag new life 5.jpg

Yea, I had no idea how much I'd like carrying her! What have I been thinking? I should have bought a giant Pompon last year :graucho:

Yes, the bag is brand new from Holt Renfrew (they had 3 in stock, now 2). I'm sure (now) that it's SS 2012 because it has medRGH, plus Gris ciment is a SS 2012 colour. I have been checking online at Balenciaga USA and the giant Pompon was there but now it's gone and they only show the mini Pompon.

When I checked the Balenciaga UK site, they still have the black giant Pompon with GGH.

I've noticed that the Balenciaga website doesn't show anything in Gris ciment yet and they don't show Dark Violet either. The SA at Holt Renfrew showed me their Balenciaga catalogue and she said that Dark Violet does not appear in the 'reg' catalogue but an additional catalogue. HTH :biggrin:

--Thanks-
I have noticed many of the same things--I am glad you found similar info-
I sure hope they continue the Pompon--
Mine is '09 and the strap is long--but not too bad- I would love to see a new one to see if the strap is shorter-

Thanks again!

--Thanks-
I have noticed many of the same things--I am glad you found similar info-
I sure hope they continue the Pompon--
Mine is '09 and the strap is long--but not too bad- I would love to see a new one to see if the strap is shorter-

Thanks again!

Yes, the strap is shorter. It's good for me & I can still do cross body.