Instant reveal from Saigon!

Congratulations!
What a gem and beautiful souvenir from your trip!
A shame the way you dress dictates the treatment you would receive from luxury store! Just try to ignore those vain SAs!
And I envy your solo trip!! A sweet reminiscence for me as I used to travel alone too! And how carefree it gets!
Now with a young son and a hubby who absolutely hates flying, even the thought of going interstate breaks me sweat let alone overseas trip! :biggrin:
Enjoy your beautiful bag!

Hey OP! Yes the Reverie is quite new and one of the funkier/trendier hotels in town. Are you staying for long? If yes, I definitely recommend afternoon tea at Park Hyatt... I believe you can walk there as well. Ambience, food, decor, all the best in town. Afternoon teas at either the Reverie or Rex don't quite hold up.

Chanel SAs in VN are the worst. They treat me better after I bought a classic flap from them, and I do wear it every time I go to the store. The boutique is really small and not much to look at. Going there makes me miss Chanel stores in HK or Singapore, what a treat!

Hello everyone
I'm currently visiting Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh/Saigon alone, and I decided to check out the Chanel store right beside the hotel i'm staying at :yahoo:

I saw SO MANY small boy bags with chevron pattern which I have been hunting for in Europe!! I decided to go and have a look at all the beautiful bags, but unfortunately no one bothered to help me, lol.. there wasn't even that many people (I then suspect it may have to do with I wore casual clothing).
I left disapointed but I couldn't stop thinking about the huge selection of bags :facepalm: I came again the next day with a formal outfit and I instantly got help from the SA's BUT most of the small boy bags were sold the day before:mad:, so I decided to settle for a old medium boy bag..

Let me present the old medium boy bag with chevron, and light gold hardware!!:yahoo:The small boy may afterall be too small for me. I think the old medium is a perfect size :love: I regret nothing! and I had a really good experience the second day too (the first day was meh)

la0QGsc.jpg

MyobQ03.jpg

w2k7lRo.jpg

hw9jtZe.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!
I got the same bag three weeks ago, and I love it so much! Enjoy it!

Congrats on your amazing Boy!
Thank you dear!

Congratulations!
What a gem and beautiful souvenir from your trip!
A shame the way you dress dictates the treatment you would receive from luxury store! Just try to ignore those vain SAs!
And I envy your solo trip!! A sweet reminiscence for me as I used to travel alone too! And how carefree it gets!
Now with a young son and a hubby who absolutely hates flying, even the thought of going interstate breaks me sweat let alone overseas trip! :biggrin:
Enjoy your beautiful bag!
Thank you! I actually went backpacking with my 5 good friends for a whole month, but I decided to stay in Vietnam while they went to Thailand. I agree its WAY more carefree when you're alone, haha. No drama.

That's a georgeous bag you have got. Congrats for your new bag.
Thank you, Aime

Love your chevron boy, he's very lovely, Well done!!!
Thank you hun! I can't resist the chevron!

Hey OP! Yes the Reverie is quite new and one of the funkier/trendier hotels in town. Are you staying for long? If yes, I definitely recommend afternoon tea at Park Hyatt... I believe you can walk there as well. Ambience, food, decor, all the best in town. Afternoon teas at either the Reverie or Rex don't quite hold up.

Chanel SAs in VN are the worst. They treat me better after I bought a classic flap from them, and I do wear it every time I go to the store. The boutique is really small and not much to look at. Going there makes me miss Chanel stores in HK or Singapore, what a treat!
I'm staying here for 5 nights! After reading your reply I just had dinner at Park hyatt! It was great, and what a gorgeous hotel too. Though I did feel weird eating alone, haha!
Do you often visit the VN Chanel store? I read the other day on TPF that generally in Asian there are many snobby SA's

Hello everyone
I'm currently visiting Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh/Saigon alone, and I decided to check out the Chanel store right beside the hotel i'm staying at :yahoo:

I saw SO MANY small boy bags with chevron pattern which I have been hunting for in Europe!! I decided to go and have a look at all the beautiful bags, but unfortunately no one bothered to help me, lol.. there wasn't even that many people (I then suspect it may have to do with I wore casual clothing).
I left disapointed but I couldn't stop thinking about the huge selection of bags :facepalm: I came again the next day with a formal outfit and I instantly got help from the SA's BUT most of the small boy bags were sold the day before:mad:, so I decided to settle for a old medium boy bag..

Let me present the old medium boy bag with chevron, and light gold hardware!!:yahoo:The small boy may afterall be too small for me. I think the old medium is a perfect size :love: I regret nothing! and I had a really good experience the second day too (the first day was meh)

la0QGsc.jpg

MyobQ03.jpg

w2k7lRo.jpg

hw9jtZe.jpg

Huge CONGRATS On your stunning, most handsome Boy....he's a hot one!! You look awesome & I wish you many, many happy years together!

Hello everyone

la0QGsc.jpg

MyobQ03.jpg

w2k7lRo.jpg

hw9jtZe.jpg

congratulations! sorry to hear what happened at the store, you know ... sometimes i wish i would have the courage to walk into the store wearing the crappiest piece of clothing i can find at home and be a biatch and whip out a thick stash of cash from my PJ pocket (of course i hv to clear my bank account bc i'm not rich) and get the snobbiest SA to help me [emoji41] LOL

sorry i'm being crazy, but just saying!! we do spend a lot of money there!! whether it's a SLG or handbag... we're still customers!

Enjoy your new bag gorgeous girl! :smile:

Reactions: Chanel923
I haven't been inside a Chanel in HCM but I can say from experience that SA's in other high-end places there are not the most welcoming if you don't dress formally or "look" like you have the money to buy things from there.

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience that you had to dress differently the second day to get what you should've gotten the day before! Congrats on the new bag though, it's gorgeous! Enjoy the rest of your trip however short it may be! HCM is a beautiful city and it's even better that you're alone so you can take it in without any distractions (or drama as you said :P)

Really love how the bag looks on you! I kept hearing the song "pretty woman" playing in the background while reading about your return to the store :lol:
I applaud you as an independent woman who travels and have fun in a foreign country alone, and that you refuse to be turned away by the rude people. Good for you. :smile:

Be extra careful when you buy any luxury from stores in Vietnam though. The stores might look legit, but I have heard horrid cases of people end up buying super fake, since sometime they'd try to through in some among the stock.