Instant Reveal and a Decision to Make

Mandy421

Jun 3, 2011
I brought this home from Dillard's today. I've never had a bag in this color and never would have chosen it if I hadn't seen it in person.

Saffiano N/S Tote in Camel/Brass

1A453D84-2C5F-4CDF-9DCF-8EA0A66EB2CA-20474-00001F7C5A6756A9.jpg

This isn't really an everyday size for me, but I do sometimes need a large bag and I want to be able to take it in the rain without worrying. Problem is I already have an Audrey Tote for this purpose. BUT, I'm just not crazy about how the audrey tote looks with most of my summer clothes. Dark patent just looks really odd with a summer dress to me. I live in FL so I wear summer clothes 7 or 8 months out of the year. So now I'm tryng to decide which to keep (don't want to keep both because I already have too many bags). There are things I like about each.

Saff Tote: more versatile color, probably more durable, more classic looking
Audrey: More comfortable (because it's slouchy), long strap, outside pocket.

B38E5A8C-6A87-43FB-89B5-AB6096906283-20474-00001F8233212824.jpg

Also, I'm a stay at home mom, so I don't have a job that I dress up for. Do you think this tote is good for everyday casual or more of just a work tote? I would be wearing it mostly with casual dresses or tanks/shorts.

And here are some mod pics if anyone was interested. Sorry I'm in my gym clothes. I'm 5'7".

FFCB2884-8CFA-49FD-ABCD-A772E5DCD859-20474-00001F821FAE3172.jpg

98AA0120-C7EC-44C3-829E-DA8C9CE39593-20474-00001F822BCF7DBC.jpg

Last edited:
I love that tote! I think this is a bag that could go either way; dressed up or dressed down. The color is great; that bag should go with practically everything! I really love your Audrey tote too though...that's a tough call.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the saffiano tote...it's too structured for me. I love the Audrey tote (have one myself). But the color of the saff is TDF and with you living in Florida, the color would go better than the dark navy. And no, you can rock the saff tote with your gym clothes! :smile:

I brought this home from Dillard's today. I've never had a bag in this color and never would have chosen it if I hadn't seen it in person.

Saffiano N/S Tote in Camel/Brass

1A453D84-2C5F-4CDF-9DCF-8EA0A66EB2CA-20474-00001F7C5A6756A9.jpg

This isn't really an everyday size for me, but I do sometimes need a large bag and I want to be able to take it in the rain without worrying. Problem is I already have an Audrey Tote for this purpose. BUT, I'm just not crazy about how the audrey tote looks with most of my summer clothes. Dark patent just looks really odd with a summer dress to me. I live in FL so I wear summer clothes 7 or 8 months out of the year. So now I'm tryng to decide which to keep (don't want to keep both because I already have too many bags). There are things I like about each.

Saff Tote: more versatile color, probably more durable, more classic looking
Audrey: More comfortable (because it's slouchy), long strap, outside pocket.

B38E5A8C-6A87-43FB-89B5-AB6096906283-20474-00001F8233212824.jpg

Is that a yellow tag on the tote? Is Dillards having a sale?

I do agree with you about the color of the Audrey for summer, I almost bought the Laura tote I sand this weekend....until I spied the legacy striped duffle in white/beige and went with that. I don't really care for the look of the saff tote myself, but it doesn't look bad on you at all. My go to bag in summer when I need to carry a lot is my anthracite glam, easy to wear, has a full zipper, holds a ton and the color goes with summery clothes just great. What about trying for the Audrey in the beige/cream color that it comes in ?

I do agree with you about the color of the Audrey for summer, I almost bought the Laura tote I sand this weekend....until I spied the legacy striped duffle in white/beige and went with that. I don't really care for the look of the saff tote myself, but it doesn't look bad on you at all. My go to bag in summer when I need to carry a lot is my anthracite glam, easy to wear, has a full zipper, holds a ton and the color goes with summery clothes just great. What about trying for the Audrey in the beige/cream color that it comes in ?
I really like the looks of the tote - the camel and the style are very classic/neutral. And the leather would be nice and durable.

I am not one to buy too many handbags so the classic/neutral options are always my preference.

Good luck deciding!

Hmmm, I love both bags, but not being a patent fan, I would keep the tote! That said, I think they have different uses, and if I loved both, I would want to keep both. Do you have some mod shots of the Audrey? I am sure both bags look stunning on you, but for comparison's sake... I definitely think the tote looks more summery. Oh, hmmm, I'm not really any help. Good luck!

I like the saffiano, especially for Florida. The only reason I might prefer the audrey is that it seems smaller. But if you have other smaller bags, I would definitely keep the saffiano for when you need a large bag.