Instant reveal 5 years in the making and some other v-day goodies

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Even before I purchased my first LV, I read the blog entries on the purseblog for all brands. In 2008, Amanda Mull wrote an piece about taking her bag to a GA bulldogs football game. As a PA transplant with my best football years spent in the Steel City, it seemed bizarre to take a purse to a game. I survived ACC games in law school but NEVER wore a dress. Even though the idea of a bag at a game was/still is insane to me, I never forgot that bag that was in the blog:

http://www.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/louis-vuitton-epi-leather-bowling-montaigne.html

I watched the epi bowling Montaigne pm go from about $1300 to $1800 when it was retired in 2011. Getting my ivorie Bij sac fleur charm reminded me that I never filled that gap in my collection -the ivorie epi. I have an epi alma and an epi speedy and I missed the lockit. I did a search on purseblog for whatever bag it was that Amanda had (I did not know names back then). And somehow, I found one for a very reasonable price.

So here are my valentines day goodies - LV bag and book from me to me and roses and 1.5 TCW diamond studs from DH. I lost one of my studs so DH upgraded me to a bigger pair and now we will have the .5 carat diamond that remains set in another piece of jewelry.

Thank you for letting me share my love story about a bag from long ago.

Attachments

• image-721928213.jpg
    image-721928213.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 768
  • image-2873511671.jpg
    image-2873511671.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 778
  • image-3193008623.jpg
    image-3193008623.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
Wonderful story! Beautiful bag. I've never seen it before. Congratulations :smile:

I'm a Steel City baby myself and the thought of wearing a dress to a game is a funny thought! Heck wearing a dress on a Friday is foreign! It's black and gold/ jersey day around here! Cheers and enjoy!

Wonderful story! Beautiful bag. I've never seen it before. Congratulations :smile:

I'm a Steel City baby myself and the thought of wearing a dress to a game is a funny thought! Heck wearing a dress on a Friday is foreign! It's black and gold/ jersey day around here! Cheers and enjoy!

I showed up at that first tailgate in daisy dukes and a pink tank top (it was 98 degrees in NC). And two beers in my hand. All of the girls were in floral sundresses. My Pittsburgh brain nearly exploded.