Instant reveal 5 years in the making and some other v-day goodies

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Even before I purchased my first LV, I read the blog entries on the purseblog for all brands. In 2008, Amanda Mull wrote an piece about taking her bag to a GA bulldogs football game. As a PA transplant with my best football years spent in the Steel City, it seemed bizarre to take a purse to a game. I survived ACC games in law school but NEVER wore a dress. Even though the idea of a bag at a game was/still is insane to me, I never forgot that bag that was in the blog:

http://www.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/louis-vuitton-epi-leather-bowling-montaigne.html

I watched the epi bowling Montaigne pm go from about $1300 to $1800 when it was retired in 2011. Getting my ivorie Bij sac fleur charm reminded me that I never filled that gap in my collection -the ivorie epi. I have an epi alma and an epi speedy and I missed the lockit. I did a search on purseblog for whatever bag it was that Amanda had (I did not know names back then). And somehow, I found one for a very reasonable price.

So here are my valentines day goodies - LV bag and book from me to me and roses and 1.5 TCW diamond studs from DH. I lost one of my studs so DH upgraded me to a bigger pair and now we will have the .5 carat diamond that remains set in another piece of jewelry.

Thank you for letting me share my love story about a bag from long ago.

Attachments

Last edited:

lppix

Jan 21, 2013
Petty! Congrats!

Have a jeweler add screw on backs to those earrings if they don't already have them!

Jul 1, 2008
south western pa
Wonderful story! Beautiful bag. I've never seen it before. Congratulations :smile:

I'm a Steel City baby myself and the thought of wearing a dress to a game is a funny thought! Heck wearing a dress on a Friday is foreign! It's black and gold/ jersey day around here! Cheers and enjoy!

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Wonderful story! Beautiful bag. I've never seen it before. Congratulations :smile:

I'm a Steel City baby myself and the thought of wearing a dress to a game is a funny thought! Heck wearing a dress on a Friday is foreign! It's black and gold/ jersey day around here! Cheers and enjoy!
I showed up at that first tailgate in daisy dukes and a pink tank top (it was 98 degrees in NC). And two beers in my hand. All of the girls were in floral sundresses. My Pittsburgh brain nearly exploded.

Ms.Dimpz

Nov 28, 2012
everything is absolutely gorgeous congrats clu! I know you are on cloud nine right now :heart: