Instant Feline Reveal! [emoji197]

Hello ladies! I made a second purchase in NPN's sale, having rediscovered my love for my Alexa girls. Please welcome Miss Bengal Tiger hair calf Alexa:
View attachment 3607348
It makes me smile every time I open her up and see the metallic leopard print panel and the delicious chocolate suede lining!
View attachment 3607352
Although she's described as "delicate" on her care card, and I've read many posts warning about bald corners on hair calf bags, I've decided she's too gorgeous not to use! She made her début on Monday, when I went to see "Lion" (fittingly!) and has been with me all week. My friends think she's stunning and my youngest daughter adores her: I'm having to limit the number of strokes everyone keeps giving her!
I can honestly say I haven't loved a bag so much in years! [emoji7]
Congrats, it's a stunner!

Reactions: Mayfly285
Oh Mayfly, you've been so naughty. I seem to remember you were considering downsizing your collection :confused1: have you taken a wrong turning? I think I must have missed a few posts.

She's an absolute beauty though, :heart: I can see why you couldn't resist. Congratulations, a gorgeous Mulberry. I can see why you were tempted by the Alexa again, thousand times better than anything Mulb have come up with recently. She's a real stunner, I think the haircalf is so special and I really like the contrasting panel under the flap and all that lush suede lining.

I had the same in the oversized Alexa in Plum.............argh, if I look back on my collection now I definitely wouldn't have let her go. I only used her a few times as she was too big but things change. I used to walk to work a lot and mainly used cross body bags so the regular Alexa was ideal. Then everything changed with a new job :panic: I use my bigger bags now far more now than the smaller, so I'm rearranging again :crybaby:

Are you keeping all your beauties now?

Were you also after the Cara with rivets? There was one at Bicester that was looking for a new home :giggle:

Oh Mayfly, you've been so naughty. I seem to remember you were considering downsizing your collection :confused1: have you taken a wrong turning? I think I must have missed a few posts.

She's an absolute beauty though, :heart: I can see why you couldn't resist. Congratulations, a gorgeous Mulberry. I can see why you were tempted by the Alexa again, thousand times better than anything Mulb have come up with recently. She's a real stunner, I think the haircalf is so special and I really like the contrasting panel under the flap and all that lush suede lining.

I had the same in the oversized Alexa in Plum.............argh, if I look back on my collection now I definitely wouldn't have let her go. I only used her a few times as she was too big but things change. I used to walk to work a lot and mainly used cross body bags so the regular Alexa was ideal. Then everything changed with a new job :panic: I use my bigger bags now far more now than the smaller, so I'm rearranging again :crybaby:

Are you keeping all your beauties now?

Were you also after the Cara with rivets? There was one at Bicester that was looking for a new home :giggle:

Ah yes, well, you caught me out looking through the hair calf thread a few weeks ago, dear Mulberrygal! [emoji5]
You're right - I did take rather a drastic wrong turning, but I'm still intending to downsize my overall bag collection. I just couldn't resist this beauty! The funny thing is that I thought she'd be a "special occasions" bag whereas I use her a lot with navy outfits and she doesn't feel too "out there". Miss Oversized Foxy, ironically, still hasn't made her début.
I bet you miss your plum hair calf Alexa - she looked gorgeous - but I remember you saying you needed a bag to fit in your cycle basket so she didn't fit your lifestyle ... I'm still doubtful about my Bayswater collection - I love them but rarely them out ... [emoji848]
Cara Rivets ... Mmm ... Which colour/size was she?! [emoji5]

Ah yes, well, you caught me out looking through the hair calf thread a few weeks ago, dear Mulberrygal! [emoji5]
You're right - I did take rather a drastic wrong turning, but I'm still intending to downsize my overall bag collection. I just couldn't resist this beauty! The funny thing is that I thought she'd be a "special occasions" bag whereas I use her a lot with navy outfits and she doesn't feel too "out there". Miss Oversized Foxy, ironically, still hasn't made her début.
I bet you miss your plum hair calf Alexa - she looked gorgeous - but I remember you saying you needed a bag to fit in your cycle basket so she didn't fit your lifestyle ... I'm still doubtful about my Bayswater collection - I love them but rarely them out ... [emoji848]
Cara Rivets ... Mmm ... Which colour/size was she?! [emoji5]

I think you are very wise not downsizing, there is no rush, if you love them there is no point, follow your heart and change direction whenever you feel you want to. It's very difficult to get them back once they have gone :crybaby: You are quite correct, I've sold some that didn't suit my life style but my life style has changed and I didn't account for life's ebbs and flows......... Lol that bike hasn't come out of the garage for quite some time and you've just reminded me it's there.

It sounds as though you are really enjoying your furry feline Alexa. I didn't use mine as a special either and I had no problems with hair loss :amazed: I'm sure you're Oversized Foxy will see the light of day soon, she looks divine, another gorgeous bag, you have several unusual bags and I love their names, they suit them well.

I've also moved my Bayswaters on, I can't imagine my collection without one, so I've hung on to my favourite and most precious, she's a keeper forever. I loved them all but just wasn't using them since I made the transition from Mulberry to LV.

The Cara with rivets was the only bag that caught my eye in Mulberry. I picked her up and tried her, even considered purchasing, she definitely was the pick of the bunch................which is why I should remember the colour better :facepalm: maybe Oak or possibly Oxblood and I'm pretty sure medium, not too big or too small.............worth giving them a ring ;)

I think you are very wise not downsizing, there is no rush, if you love them there is no point, follow your heart and change direction whenever you feel you want to. It's very difficult to get them back once they have gone :crybaby: You are quite correct, I've sold some that didn't suit my life style but my life style has changed and I didn't account for life's ebbs and flows......... Lol that bike hasn't come out of the garage for quite some time and you've just reminded me it's there.

It sounds as though you are really enjoying your furry feline Alexa. I didn't use mine as a special either and I had no problems with hair loss :amazed: I'm sure you're Oversized Foxy will see the light of day soon, she looks divine, another gorgeous bag, you have several unusual bags and I love their names, they suit them well.

I've also moved my Bayswaters on, I can't imagine my collection without one, so I've hung on to my favourite and most precious, she's a keeper forever. I loved them all but just wasn't using them since I made the transition from Mulberry to LV.

The Cara with rivets was the only bag that caught my eye in Mulberry. I picked her up and tried her, even considered purchasing, she definitely was the pick of the bunch................which is why I should remember the colour better :facepalm: maybe Oak or possibly Oxblood and I'm pretty sure medium, not too big or too small.............worth giving them a ring ;)

Which Bayswater did you keep? I almost used my pistachio girl for the first time yesterday (parents' evening: always a good occasion to clock designer bags! [emoji6]) but it looked like rain, and I was running a bit late, so I kept my patent summer khaki Harriet shoulder instead. Bearing in mind that I must have bought that Bayswater at least three and a half years ago, and she still has the paper ties on her handles, I'm seriously questioning whether I can justify keeping her - or the putty Bays, similarly bought and unused ... BUT I just can't feel the love for the new Bays (or new Mulberry range generally) and the microfibre linings of the newer "old" style leave me cold ... [emoji848]

How many Mulberrys do you still have? Which LV styles have you bought? I rather like the Speedy Bandoulière in Empriente leather but think the 25 looks a bit small ... Hmm ...

Actually, I did buy my first LV (preloved) in the NPN sale but forgot to reveal her! Any guesses?! [emoji6]

Well, that's even better.:smile:

It was! I wouldn't have dared bought her at the higher price ... [emoji5] As it was, I'd watched too many bags I'd fancied nip out of my shopping basket before I'd even made it to the checkout so I pounced! I haven't regretted it for one second and with Shian, of course, you know what you're getting is authentic and exactly as described! [emoji106]

Reactions: MochaCake
Which Bayswater did you keep? I almost used my pistachio girl for the first time yesterday (parents' evening: always a good occasion to clock designer bags!
emoji6.png
) but it looked like rain, and I was running a bit late, so I kept my patent summer khaki Harriet shoulder instead. Bearing in mind that I must have bought that Bayswater at least three and a half years ago, and she still has the paper ties on her handles, I'm seriously questioning whether I can justify keeping her - or the putty Bays, similarly bought and unused ... BUT I just can't feel the love for the new Bays (or new Mulberry range generally) and the microfibre linings of the newer "old" style leave me cold ...
emoji848.png

How many Mulberrys do you still have? Which LV styles have you bought? I rather like the Speedy Bandoulière in Empriente leather but think the 25 looks a bit small ... Hmm ...

Actually, I did buy my first LV (preloved) in the NPN sale but forgot to reveal her! Any guesses?!
emoji6.png

Oh which LV did you get, I'd love to know, you must add a pic to the other purchases thread. Maybe a Totally or Neverfull, or was it something more elegant?

I kept my Ostrich Bays in blue, I could never part with her. DH bought her all by himself for my :nuts:0 Birthday,
Very big secret :giggle: he hid her in the attic, so I kept checking she was okay & nothing had crushed her. She's also beautifully stunning, incredibly durable and amazingly light to carry :heart: I had 7 Bays at one time but every time I carried one it meant I wasn't using this beauty.
We are downsizing house, I'm down to 23 bags, 20 or less is my aim but it's soooo very difficult. I'm surprised to say I still have 7 Mulbs, SS Alexa, 2 Lilys (suede lined) Bays, Hairy Harriet, Brooke & one for the chop. LVs are Speedy 25 Bandoulière, the Empriente leather is TDF, I'd say it's about the same size as the SBS but without the annoying handles, far more comfy to carry xbody & the 3 part strap is so practical, easily converts to shoulder bag. Alma & Brea in Vernis & more recently 3 Neverfulls :blush: I never liked or wanted the coated canvas but I'm totally smitten now. GM is for travelling and I can stuff it under the plane seat without any worry, then she doubles up as a beach bag, shopping bag etc and cinch the sides in for a much smaller bag. The style itself is so practical as I can pile everything in and still find it easily.

What a shame you didn't show off your Bays at PE. Pistachio & Putty are great colours, I'm sure they'll go with anything. I'd hang on to them if it were me, I've no love for the new range either............Bays without suede lining :tdown: I've no love for the microfibre. I wouldn't want Mulberry stamped on my bag either, think it cheapens them, they remind me of Michael Kors. (Oops no offence MK lovers) They just don't look like traditional Mulbs and aren't instantly recognisable. I guess never say never but I can't see me ever buying a new Mulberry again................but maybe that Cara would be useful ;)

Oh which LV did you get, I'd love to know, you must add a pic to the other purchases thread. Maybe a Totally or Neverfull, or was it something more elegant?

I kept my Ostrich Bays in blue, I could never part with her. DH bought her all by himself for my :nuts:0 Birthday,
Very big secret :giggle: he hid her in the attic, so I kept checking she was okay & nothing had crushed her. She's also beautifully stunning, incredibly durable and amazingly light to carry :heart: I had 7 Bays at one time but every time I carried one it meant I wasn't using this beauty.
We are downsizing house, I'm down to 23 bags, 20 or less is my aim but it's soooo very difficult. I'm surprised to say I still have 7 Mulbs, SS Alexa, 2 Lilys (suede lined) Bays, Hairy Harriet, Brooke & one for the chop. LVs are Speedy 25 Bandoulière, the Empriente leather is TDF, I'd say it's about the same size as the SBS but without the annoying handles, far more comfy to carry xbody & the 3 part strap is so practical, easily converts to shoulder bag. Alma & Brea in Vernis & more recently 3 Neverfulls :blush: I never liked or wanted the coated canvas but I'm totally smitten now. GM is for travelling and I can stuff it under the plane seat without any worry, then she doubles up as a beach bag, shopping bag etc and cinch the sides in for a much smaller bag. The style itself is so practical as I can pile everything in and still find it easily.

What a shame you didn't show off your Bays at PE. Pistachio & Putty are great colours, I'm sure they'll go with anything. I'd hang on to them if it were me, I've no love for the new range either............Bays without suede lining :tdown: I've no love for the microfibre. I wouldn't want Mulberry stamped on my bag either, think it cheapens them, they remind me of Michael Kors. (Oops no offence MK lovers) They just don't look like traditional Mulbs and aren't instantly recognisable. I guess never say never but I can't see me ever buying a new Mulberry again................but maybe that Cara would be useful ;)

Hmm, I remember your gorgeous ostrich Bays - your DH came up trumps there! [emoji7] I'm impressed that you shifted all your other Bayswaters - I'm really struggling to move my bags on. [emoji5] I need to steel myself to the job!
I know I won't sell my Alexas or Lilies, but I may prune back the Mabels, SBS girls, Eustons, Somersets and Bayswaters a bit ... [emoji848] I have to face the fact that I can't carry that many bags! [emoji5]
I'll photograph my little LV and pop her on the Other Brands thread!
Enjoy your weekend! [emoji253]

More congrats, dear Mayfly on your Furry Feline and her Fabulousness! What lovely details matched with such utility--small wonder admirers cannot keep their paws off! I know I already congratulated you elsewhere, but it's inspiring to see how something can just come along at the right moment to happily fill an unanticipated niche/need so nicely. Enjoy her and do let us know when Mr. Fox decides to make his debut, whenever that might be. Would love to see a pic of that auspicious event;)

Dear Mulberrygal, I sympathize with your feelings of loss over downsizing and I am in agreement about the need to choose wisely. It is truly difficult to make these decisions as one gets closer and closer to the "core collection." I say this as a Squirrel without a crystal ball:lol: We cannot know what lies ahead and what our future selves might dearly wish to have. Retrieving those beloved misfires has never worked out for me yet. Am therefore trying to focus on the benefits/necessity of "pruning" but I too admit to a few regrets :crybaby:

The very idea of your Ostrich Bays and its acquisition by your thoughtful DH brings a smile to my face, so thank you for that. Onwards into newborn Spring:flowers:

Reactions: Kendie26