Instant British Racing Green 226 Reveal & Chanel Collection Post!

I have been on the hunt for the perfect 226 reissue to add to my Chanel collection and I have finally found her :lol: I have been looking for a jewel-toned reissue and I have always been partial to green - especially a lovely forest green. I popped by the Toronto boutiques earlier this year and was told that they weren't really expecting much in the way of coloured reissues, so I walked away with two minis instead (no regrets!).

I am so happy to reveal my (new to me) British Racing Green 226 reissue with RHW! She is from the 2012 autumn collection and in excellent condition. This is my first pre-loved bag, so I was a bit nervous and got third party authentication but was able to save over 40% off the retail price in Canada. I was out most of today so unfortunately only got one shot in daylight, but this picture is the most accurate depiction of the colour of this bag:

View attachment 3362022

Here is a shot in indoor lighting:

View attachment 3362023

And a modelling shot on me (I am 5 feet 3 1/2 inches or 161 cm):

View attachment 3362024

I also thought I would share photos of my entire Chanel collection (not including shoes/jewelry/makeup and missing my keyholder...). Here they are, all in one shot:

View attachment 3362025

A close-up of just the black bags and SLGs (from left to right and back to front): caviar classic jumbo with GHW, lambskin classic square mini with SHW, soft caviar camera bag with SHW, caviar classic quilted WOC with gold hardware (from the Rue Cambon store!), caviar yen wallet and lambskin cardholder with SHW.

View attachment 3362027

A close up of the non-black bags and SLGs (from left to right and back to front): iridescent calfskin navy coco pleats mini with RHW, my new 226 reissue, caviar beige claire GST with SHW, lambskin camellia navy cardholder with SHW, iridescent caviar pearly beige classic quilted WOC with matte SHW, calfskin red old medium boy with RHW and caviar red cardholder with SHW.

View attachment 3362026

And a few size comparisons that I thought might be helpful:

(left to right): old medium boy, 226 reissue, jumbo classic

View attachment 3362028

(left to right): square mini, old medium boy, 226 reissue

View attachment 3362029

Thanks for letting me share! I'm happy to provide close-ups of any individual bag, any other comparison shots and details regarding any particular bag if it's helpful :smile: Also, I welcome any suggestions re: what I am missing in my collection and what I should get for my next bag. I am thinking that I would like a cerf tote (perhaps in a taupe, grey or navy), a classic M/L or a tweed bag.
Are you pleased with the wear of your lamb skin card holder or do you wish you had bought Caviar? I bought a red lamb skin card holder last week but to sure whether to return and buy it in caviar. Thank you

Are you pleased with the wear of your lamb skin card holder or do you wish you had bought Caviar? I bought a red lamb skin card holder last week but to sure whether to return and buy it in caviar. Thank you

I haven't had my camellia lamb skin cardholder for very long, but so far so good. I have had my other cardholder for much longer but it's got a flap on it, so the cards don't have to slide in and out (which reduces wear). I actually don't think that lamb skin is as delicate as people think. It isn't fuss free but it isn't going to scratch immediately either. If you're having doubts, however, I would do the exchange. Hope that helps

I haven't had my camellia lamb skin cardholder for very long, but so far so good. I have had my other cardholder for much longer but it's got a flap on it, so the cards don't have to slide in and out (which reduces wear). I actually don't think that lamb skin is as delicate as people think. It isn't fuss free but it isn't going to scratch immediately either. If you're having doubts, however, I would do the exchange. Hope that helps

Thank you for your advice. Congratulations on your gorgeous new bag :smile:

Always happy to see another reissue and this is a beauty! What a lovely colour ❤️

You have such a lovely collection and I'm in love with your green reissue.[emoji173]️[emoji7]

Really really love your collection! Love the diversity in styles and colours! And your reissue....the green is one of the nicest greens I've seen! I don't normally gravitate to green but this one is simply exceptional! Congrats!

Congrats on finding your perfect green! Your collection is lovely [emoji7] Very informative post as well - the comparison shots are useful!

Holy moly!!! Stunning collection and I ADORE that racing green - GORGEOUS!!!! :smile: Congrats! You have great taste.

You've got a great collection there!

Thank you so much for all of your kind comments! :biggrin: