Instagram personal shoppers

I’ve purchased before from an Instagram seller / PS twice and I don’t recommend it, some are usually very unprofessional!
I have also heard some of these Instagram sellers send superfakes! And it’s hard to get your money back since very few of them accept PayPal or credit card payment, I haven’t had this experience personally but some stories I’ve read are are scary

I would personally pay a little bit more and buydirectly from a boutique or reputable sites like fashionphile

I don’t buy from Instagram sellers but if anyone is claiming to sell new items from the boutiques below retail then that’s a pretty big red flag. Personally, I would question the authenticity...
I've bought from my personal shopper before who sold me a Chanel Jumbo under retail, shipped directly from Saks. I got the saks receipt and everything. I don't think she does that anymore as this was 3 years ago, but it was definitely legit.

You should check the IG personal shoppers megathread. There's a lot of discussion about this already.

Reactions: alyssamay_xx
I've bought from my personal shopper before who sold me a Chanel Jumbo under retail, shipped directly from Saks. I got the saks receipt and everything. I don't think she does that anymore as this was 3 years ago, but it was definitely legit.

You should check the IG personal shoppers megathread. There's a lot of discussion about this already.
Did the receipt show retail price? I got a receipt as well and it shows retail price so I’m wondering how he was able to sell to me for below retail. Boggles my mind, my husband says it sounds to good to be true

Did the receipt show retail price? I got a receipt as well and it shows retail price so I’m wondering how he was able to sell to me for below retail. Boggles my mind, my husband says it sounds to good to be true
yes my receipt showed retail price. Mine was shipped from Saks with Saks packaging and everything, so I felt safe. If you're worried, you should get it authenticated.

I only buy direct from boutiques or dept stores...so wouldn't have been tempted even if it was legitimate and below retail.
I have read that thread and no one really knew how this person was able to do that...I don't believe she does anymore so while the products may have been legit one has to wonder if their process in securing the products was legit...somebody from Saks was obviously facilitating and I imagine must have been told they had to stop at some point.
In general though more often than not it should raise red flags if it's new from the boutique and below retail...

I only buy direct from boutiques or dept stores...so wouldn't have been tempted even if it was legitimate and below retail.
I have read that thread and no one really knew how this person was able to do that...I don't believe she does anymore so while the products may have been legit one has to wonder if their process in securing the products was legit...somebody from Saks was obviously facilitating and I imagine must have been told they had to stop at some point.
In general though more often than not it should raise red flags if it's new from the boutique and below retail...

That's great, if you're happy and financially able to continue to buy at retail and without any discounts, then all the power to you.

Regardless, I'm very happy with my Chanel jumbo that I bought brand new with boutique packaging, direct from Saks, at a discount.

Reactions: Myshm
That's great, if you're happy and financially able to continue to buy at retail and without any discounts, then all the power to you.

Regardless, I'm very happy with my Chanel jumbo that I bought brand new with boutique packaging, direct from Saks, at a discount.

If Saks officially offered me a discount I would love it! I just don’t buy via third parties...no right or wrong here. It’s all about personal comfort/choice.