Inspired bags:Too fickle and poor for the orginals.

GOALdigger

Nov 10, 2008
Am I the only one that likes inspired leather bags?

I feel awkward about especially being this is the purse forum, but I'm just a sucker for a good design. So I look for bags that are replica without the name like Baginc.com ,but haven't bought anything yet. I just can't justify paying that much for a bag in my current situation and I kinda girl that changes her bag with her outfit and at 1k a pop I'd be broke if I went for the orginals.

Anyone feel the same?

Off of TPF you are more the rule than the exception. If everyone here on TPF were truly honest, they would realize that the majority of designers eminate each other. MK is notorious for copying or inspiring other bags and countless other companies have knocked off the Celine bag. Originality is out there but it far and few. That is why, when I read threads, "would you buy a common bag or one that everyone is wearing?" My answer is yes because there is no such thing as a one of a kind unique bag! Take the famous Hermes Birkin! Every company loves to inspire that style bag. Are they complete copies? Some would say yes. Some would say no. I say, so long as they don't counterfeit the bag and use the designer's name, to each his own.

I've checked out the website many times and almost pulled the trigger many times. I feel the same, I'm poor to afford all designer bags but there are some that I would love to have (the Celine, PS1)! I don't like the really bad versions that are made out of PU but baginc.com seems to do them very well and in leather. I feel like you can't go wrong with that! But still haven't purchased anything yet :shucks:

Last edited:
. MK is notorious for copying or inspiring other bags

I love MK, but I didn't like that he blatantly copied Marc Jacobs's "Stardust" iPad Case and Wristlet. All the way down to the nameplates! Couldn't MK do something more original?

http://i48.tinypic.com/123145y.jpg

Steve Madden is also notorious for knocking off designers, too. Especially Rebecca Minkoff. And don't forget that many many cheaply priced clothing stores like Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, and LoveCulture also sells blatant inspired/knockoff bags as well. F21 sells many smaller purses that look very Chanel-esque, LoveCulture had a few Balenciaga and LV knockoffs, too. So it's not just designers knocking each other off. But many clothing companies, as well.

You sound like a sensible fashionista. I agree with BgaHolic and personally I wouldn't worry too much about it. Beyond bags, many other items are also "inspired style" - high street brands are adapted from runways, technology devices, genarics. Utimately it is how you pull all these things together.

It's hard to ignore great looking bags but you know for sure they are pretty much copying another designer...or creating their own rendition. I see so many silhouettes copying Celine basically. I just discovered another one yesterday:

Z Spoke by Zac Posen...his Eartha bags.

Right now, I like Liebskind Pat satchel and I accidentally discovered its a copy of men's Bottega Veneta 2012 duffle. But the BV duffle was $4200! Here is Liebskind Pat:

image.jpg

You aren't in the minority at all! I know lots of people that love all the designer inspired looks, quite frankly they don't know they are inspired by other brands. They just like what they like and if it's affordable, then even better. I say buy within your budget and it'll make you even happier in the long run.

...Right now, I like Liebeskind Pat satchel and I accidentally discovered it's a copy of men's Bottega Veneta 2012 duffle. But the BV duffle was $4200!...
I would HATE the handles sticking straight up, which is what they'd do attached to the bag that way. :hrmm: I'd rather not have the bag at all, rather than give up all the extra attention to detail you get with the 'real' thing.:smile: ... And of course, the lifetime of support you get with the real deal. At least if it's Bottega Veneta :biggrin:

I would HATE the handles sticking straight up, which is what they'd do attached to the bag that way. :hrmm: I'd rather not have the bag at all, rather than give up all the extra attention to detail you get with the 'real' thing.:smile: ... And of course, the lifetime of support you get with the real deal. At least if it's Bottega Veneta :biggrin:

If I had spare $4k I'd get BV Roma or graphic Roma but not the men's duffle. I've played around with the Liebskind version and it never occurred to me to fuss over the top handles. The BV must have been larger though, I'm sure.

This morning I just saw a "very" inspired Falabella tote in a shop window. Priced 126 euros...
The funny thing is...it's exactly the same design but it is leather....instead of faux cuir like Stella Mac Cartney's....
Generally it's the other way round.....

I love inspired by bags! I just can't justify spending 1K on a bag and I'm not that into having brands. As long as its good quality I'm pretty happy.

You sound like a sensible fashionista. I agree with BgaHolic and personally I wouldn't worry too much about it. Beyond bags, many other items are also "inspired style" - high street brands are adapted from runways, technology devices, genarics. Utimately it is how you pull all these things together.

And that's how I feel. I know I can put things together in a fabulous way . I appreciate style over labels. However, I do respect that art in designer designs.

I've never used Bagsinc. I considered it, but I really like to see things in person before I buy.

Me too plus I love to try things on. I may pull the trigger later this year. I really want the celine & birkin inspired bags.