Inspect your bags for craftmanship/perfection -- I'm glad it did!

Mar 5, 2007
I mean: "I'm glad 'I' did!"

I sent back 2 of 3 bags I just ordered. The Carly had cock-eyed stitching across the top seam and the turquoise ergo tote had obvious flaws in the leather. The SA said that's part of the character and I said "not on my bag for that price!"

I, of course, will be sent fresh new ones :smile:

sprinkles

professional enabler
Sep 12, 2006
You have to remember that The Turquoise and Camel leathers will have "defects" ie. spots, different color variations and etc because it is a vintage leather and it truly is part of the Character and luck of the draw when you find one without it.

Maybe this leather is not right for you unfortunately :/

court811

Feb 21, 2007
some leather definitely has 'flaws'. it is a natural material

I just got a pony scarf to give to my sister for her bday and it has a water stain or something on it. I wonder how this stuff makes it past cust service or something.

Mar 5, 2007
I had a feeling you would say that, sprinkles :smile: The SA's in the store agreed that one should not have gotten through. It had flaws beyond the vintage look. They agreed it was sub-par and were happy to get me a new one. I looked at a lot that had variations in color. I think someone here also thought the turquoise looked a bit "dirty". I actually liked that "dirty" look to it. But I didn't want big white marks in the turquoise.

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
I ended up with the vintage ergo hobo and tote b/c the vachetta leather can have some of the scratches rubbed out with my fingers. I know they're going to get scratched and get character over time--that's why I love them, and my ali has held up really well, especially since I don't baby my bags!

I do agree, though, that for that amoun of money, the bag should have straight stitching and be in pristine condition when you buy it....

Purse-O-Nality

Kailey's Mommy
Jan 8, 2007
You have to remember that The Turquoise and Camel leathers will have "defects" ie. spots, different color variations and etc because it is a vintage leather and it truly is part of the Character and luck of the draw when you find one without it.

Maybe this leather is not right for you unfortunately :/

DO NOT SETTLE if you are not completely satisfied!!
I returned MY Turquoise Ergo Tote for the same reason...both sides/ends of the tote had these very noticeable "striations"/lines in the leather. They told me it was "Character", but that not ALL of them are that way. I decided to take my chances on ordering a new one. I just picked it up yesterday and it is PERFECT!!! NO Striations, etc....!!!!!!!!! I am so glad I took the chance on ordering another one. I just knew those lines would totally BUG me. Now, whatever happens to the bag - at least it will be something I do to it! The pics I posted are: 1st Pic shows the old tote with the "striations". Last 3 Pics - my NEW Tote...PERFECT!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2089.JPG
    IMG_2089.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2117.JPG
    IMG_2117.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2128.JPG
    IMG_2128.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2129.JPG
    IMG_2129.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 47

tlloveshim

Emmy!
O.G.
Mar 19, 2006
My vintage ergo hobo came with a crease or indentation on the front pocket, as if the turnlock had made the mark from the bag being folded over. Hard to describe but I figured it'd work out after some use. I decided against a turquoise hobo and a whiskey Ali simply because I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the scratches. I know my hobo will scratch but I also know I can rub them out a little bit easier. I think that if you aren't 100% satisfied, it's better to return it but if you have to keep returning for a "perfect" bag, then that bag may not be for you. Some things, like crooked seams etc. are not acceptable though, plain and simple!