Insoles Gel or foam?

Carma

Feb 16, 2014
Sydney
Hello ladies, :smile:
I currently have some heels which are little bit uncomfortable, Im going out tonight so now im debating if i should stick the Dr Scholl gel/silicone type insole in or the foamy foot petals. What do you guys prefer and recommend?

I'll be dancing all night so ill need something which can last me a good 5-6 hours haha

HiromiT

Jun 20, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Hello ladies, :smile:
I currently have some heels which are little bit uncomfortable, Im going out tonight so now im debating if i should stick the Dr Scholl gel/silicone type insole in or the foamy foot petals. What do you guys prefer and recommend?

I'll be dancing all night so ill need something which can last me a good 5-6 hours haha
It depends on where your shoes are uncomfortable -- ball of your feet, heels or ? Generally, the Dr. Scholl gel insoles provide better support and shock absorption but are thicker than Foot Petals, so if your shoes just fit or are tight, the Dr. Scholl's will make your shoes feel even smaller. Foot Petals, on the other hand, have different products for different problems, but I find some of their stuff doesn't work as claimed. For example, the flower pads that go under the ball of your feet don't provide any shock absorption for me but do prevent my feet from sliding forward -- sort of.

gazoo

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
US
I love the gel inserts, but hate the fact that they can sometimes leave slimy sticky residue when you remove them or replace them. It's a toss up though as they are in fact more comfy than the foam but the foam is easier to replace. For boots I prefer gel and foam for shoes.