Inside vintage coach flaking

Ape

Sep 12, 2012
Hello! I have a wonderful vintage coach , but have quit using it due to the little flakes of the lining that get on everything I put in it. Any advice? This is the vintage leather coach ...
Thanks!

I'm out of town- cannot post pics :sad:
It's not a lining- it's the vintage coach- just the inside of the raw leather. Maybe brushing it with a suede brush?
I have tons of vintage Coach and I've never had this problem. If you sand it with sandpaper or steel wool, I bet that would help.

ETA: I'm wondering if your bag might be flaking because the leather is too dry. Do you keep it conditioned? Conditioner on the smooth side soaks through to nourish it and keep the inside suede part moisturized.

I have tons of vintage Coach and I've never had this problem. If you sand it with sandpaper or steel wool, I bet that would help.

ETA: I'm wondering if your bag might be flaking because the leather is too dry. Do you keep it conditioned? Conditioner on the smooth side soaks through to nourish it and keep the inside suede part moisturized.

I will try both of those ideas- I've never sanded it, and it's been a while since I moisturized it. Thank you!:smile: