Insert suggestions for A4 tote

quinta

Jan 17, 2009
Oxfordshire
Am pleased with my sale purchase of Oak A4 Roxy tote but think it would be useful to have a matching small bag or large purse to go inside. I've looked on the Mulberry website and at Bicester but can't decide which would suit best. Has anyone tried a small Somerset pouch inside a tote? Or the cosmetic purse? Suggestions gratefully received. thankyou.

quinta

Jan 17, 2009
Oxfordshire
Yes, thankyou, the Mitzy pouch seems a definite possibility , and has the advantage of being reasonably priced. I haven't actually handled one. I think I need to visit a non outlet store because Bicester has hardly any oak at the moment. I'm interested to know whether other A4 owners feel the need for a smaller bag inside and how far matching colours and leathers matters to people.

fuzzyfelt27

Jun 25, 2009
Yes, thankyou, the Mitzy pouch seems a definite possibility , and has the advantage of being reasonably priced. I haven't actually handled one. I think I need to visit a non outlet store because Bicester has hardly any oak at the moment. I'm interested to know whether other A4 owners feel the need for a smaller bag inside and how far matching colours and leathers matters to people.
Hi Quinta, I have an A4 tote and I just put all my bits and pieces loose in the bag, but I like the idea of a Mitzy pouch. What would you want to put in it, out of interest?

quinta

Jan 17, 2009
Oxfordshire
This is a very good question, Fuzzyfelt, and I am having to think hard to answer it. The A4 front pockets are big enough to accommodate coin purse, credit card holder , keys and mobile phone;so probably it would be pen, tissues, compact, lipstick ,in which case I'm not sure the pouch would be sufficiently room. Maybe the cosmetic purse is what I need but I don't recall anyone ever mentioning these. I expect to use the A4 bag for work mostly - carrying books and folders , but don't want to carry an extra handbag around. I also love the idea of having smaller items which "match" up.

fuzzyfelt27

Jun 25, 2009
How about a Bayswater pouch then, they are quite big without being too big, if you know what I mean. I think you could fit the bits and bobs you mentioned into one of those - they're on the Mulberry website under Women's Purses. You can also buy at the outlets, I got a cracked silver one a couple of weekends ago - I've not yet used it, but think it would be the perfect size for inside the A4 tote.

LovinMyMulberry

NotLovinMulberry....
O.G.
Feb 15, 2009
UK
The MItzy pouch is quite large - you should have a look at it in store - aswell as the other make up bags etc - so you can get a better idea of size etc.

quinta

Jan 17, 2009
Oxfordshire
Thank you both. I think I have a good excuse to go browsing in the Mulberry store very soon. Will report back on what i decide.