INSANE increase on heart luggage tag after email

coachfreak

Looking for LVOE
Oct 27, 2007
Okay, I asked how people were decorating their heritage tattersall bags and many had the heart luggage tag.

I spotted one on eBay with a starting bid of $9.99 but had more than 4 days to go. I sent a message asking if they would consider a BIN of $30 (I thought original price was $38). Then I wanted to make sure it was the same one I thought it was and asked for the measurements, before I just made a normal bid.

No response to either message, but now the bidding is gone and the BIN is $50. Is that insane?

Was I wrong about the retail? Was it $48 and not $38 or did they just increase the price because of interest? They also edited the listing to include it was in fact the luggage tag and gave the measurement I asked for.

I just went through my receipts & it was $38 :yes:

Maybe after your message they looked up the completed listings to see what they had sold for? The last one was $49.99 so maybe they figured they'd try to get the same? In any case, it's totally rude they didn't at least answer you :tdown:

That was very rude of that seller to do that. I love this charm. It is great for really big bags where the little charms kind of look lost on. If you have a chance to get one I would if I were you (sorry I am an enabler)

I just went through my receipts & it was $38 :yes:

Maybe after your message they looked up the completed listings to see what they had sold for? The last one was $49.99 so maybe they figured they'd try to get the same? In any case, it's totally rude they didn't at least answer you :tdown:

Thanks! I didn't think I low-balled them since it is likely it was purchased at an outlet. Just wanted to be sure.

I almost sent another message that said "glad I could help you edit your listing", but I gained control of my mind and hit delete. I didn'tthink to check for what they sold for recently!

Thanks! I didn't think I low-balled them since it is likely it was purchased at an outlet. Just wanted to be sure.

I almost sent another message that said "glad I could help you edit your listing", but I gained control of my mind and hit delete. I didn'tthink to check for what they sold for recently!

You're welcome, when you said $38 or $48 I couldn't remember so I just HAD to find the receipt to check :lol:

That makes sense, I don't think you low-balled them. I'm the person that obsessively checks to see what things sold for so I looked right away lol... hopefully you'll find a reasonable seller who also has some manners!

LOL... they responded almost 12 hours later

My question: will you accept buy it now?
Answer: Sorry I already have a buy it now listed.

My question: is this the luggage tag and approx. measurements
Answer: yes this is the luggage tag and it is the only one on eBay, thanks!

I just had to laugh... was I really meant to believe they were already in the process of editing their auction BEFORE I sent my e-mails and that the changes were not a reflection of my questions.

Really, just unbelievable.

Yes this was a very hot item and VERY hard to come by! So with that the price goes up like everything else! Even if you could find it, it retails for $38 plus tax, putting you at $42-$43 dollars anyway! Plus gas to get there:shrugs: I don't see what the big issue is? Maybe your just bitter that you couldn't get it for $30.

It's not odd nor rude imo (meant in no snarky way or anything :smile: ). Many sellers will increase their BIN or whatever if there is interest. It was sort of rude that they didn't respond before doing it though, I would have said no, sorry and then increased my BIN but thats their business.