INR or a SNAD?

Apr 19, 2010
Hi ladies,

Just need a little advise on a purchase i did on the bay.

I purchased a cd for my father.
It was a cd that was given as a free gift with the Daily mirror in the UK only. and apparently came with a magazine.

In the auction it says : you can have the cd with the additional newspaper, just ask , postage will be extra.
And at the bottem of the auction ( postage for the newspaper and magazine (complete is an additional $10 to Europe, and $12 tothe US and worldwide)

As my father is a collector i thought it would be nice to have the complete package, so i sent them an email stating i would like to recive the newspaper and magazine with the cd and paid and extra $5 for the newspaper and ontop of that een extra $10 for the magazine in total $15 shipping extra for both.

I finaly recived the cd, it took them forever to ship i had to email them a number of times), with newspaper but no magazine, so i contacted them and they said shipping $15 was for the newspaper (the packege said $4,89 airmail) and as there was nothing about prince in the magazine people were not interested so they did not send it?!

wtf i specificly ask for both the newspaper and magazine, and paid the $10 extra shipping for the magazine to be added. I kindley ask them to refund me the shipping from the magazine but no response.

What to do next.

I appreciate you thoughts about this

Last edited:
I would say file a snad because you did receive something but it wasn't the complete set like you asked.
But see if the seller responds first before filing. If they won't work with you then file a snad, like a last option.
I would ask them where that extra shipping money went, $10 is a lot to overcharge. Maybe they can send you the magazine separately since they do have money left over.
Good luck!

Have you tried calling eBay? Just for advice on how to handle this?
I was wondering how you paid for the extra shipping. Did the seller send you an invoice with the additional charges? That would be an acknowledgment from the seller that you wanted the additional items to make it a set, since you were paying the extra shipping costs. That would make it easier to file the snad.

Have you tried calling eBay? Just for advice on how to handle this?
I was wondering how you paid for the extra shipping. Did the seller send you an invoice with the additional charges? That would be an acknowledgment from the seller that you wanted the additional items to make it a set, since you were paying the extra shipping costs. That would make it easier to file the snad.

No, we can´t phone ebay in the Netherlands. there is no phonenumber.
The seller sent me an invoice including extra shipping, and i paid them with pp (cc).

As the action is for the cd and it says that it´s for the cd alone and if you want the newspaper included en on the bottem off the auction the line saying an additional $10 for the compleet set, i´m worried if i file a SNAD that they will win as the auction is for the cd only

I would say SNAD, because if they got tracking and it shows as "delivered" I believe they will win an INR (for example, when scammers send you an empty box it's SNAD and not INR because *something* was delivered to you). It's tricky if the auction doesn't state that the magazine was included with the item... do you have eBay messages where they said they would send you the magazine as well?

Technically I believe this would fall under SNAD. The seller would easily win an INR case, as I assume they can prove shipment/delivery seeing as you received 2/3 of the items. I would file SNAD with eBay if I were you. I'm sorry this happened to you!