Input on bags appreciated!HELP

hennaria

hennaria
O.G.
Jan 1, 2006
Heya everyone!

I have to deal with a dilemma: all this speedy talk here the previous days and weeks made me go to lv and buy a speedy 40!
I only wanted to buy the ipod case but ended up with the speedy, ipod case, koala organizer and koala short wallet-pretty big for a "small".
Yeah I am a sucker for my cute SA....*giggle*

Now, I am a boy and gay-but NOT tranny or fag acting......just a stylish metro sexual type of guy.
Yesterday I was wearing my speedy 40, combinated with jeans and my black trench coat.

looked pretty good to me, and the speedy rather looked like a "sports bag" for men then anything else.....still it seemed as people where staring at me!Okay they also do when I wear my birkin 40, but then DUH its a birkin........:shame:´

maybe I am paranoid, but I really felt bad!
Now.........should I exchange it or only use ot when in travel?and if an exchange-then for which model? I dont want another messenger......I wanted a carry on...something lv with handles which is suitable for guys and doesn´t cost too much(1k)

I love the speedy, and even tho its my cheapest LV I still LOVE it.
BUT I dont want to look like a freak either.........or too obvious gay:blink:

hmm

besides of that dilemma: thanks to you gals I am B-Bag addicted!
after my weekender size one in mocca I am yearning for a work bag in black...........
:love:

hennaria believe me: leave people staring!!
and i have seen that many designers (for example etro) in the spring summer fashion show have made their male models carry a bag. so don't worry!!
i loooove men that carry bags such as the speedy, they look so good!!

There was just a big article in the New York Times a few days ago about bags for men. I think it's going to become far more commonplace to see men carrying bags of various styles and sizes. I think it doesn't matter what you wear or carry; if you're confident you can rock any look.

I agree with pseub....rock that bag of yours! When i went to England recently, I also saw a lot of cute hip guys carrying bags....sometimes I stare....but its only cause I'm thinking "wow, what style!!"

pseub said:
There was just a big article in the New York Times a few days ago about bags for men. I think it's going to become far more commonplace to see men carrying bags of various styles and sizes. I think it doesn't matter what you wear or carry; if you're confident you can rock any look.

First off, your comments were hilarious!!!! I was LOL! But maybe they're staring b/c they are just sooo envious of your bags! I would be if I saw you walking down the street rocking a Speey 40 like you own it! Keep it. You have your own sense of style and exploit it for all its worth!;) ;)

Love the Koala wallet so much!

Don't worry about what people think about your accessories. I bet some of them wish they had the guts to carry a luxury bag.

We had a Japanese house guest about a year ago here and he was OBSESSED with LV! I think he had a small bag, like the Reporter, possibly.

I suppose one option could be to exchange the Speedy for the smallest Keepall. It's less of a purse, a little more gender-neutral. And then it's totally travel appropriate too.