Innnnteresting site...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what you're saying is that you track and investigate IP addresses of visitors to your blog?
bags4bubbles is right, I just check occasionally to see who's linking to the blog - mostly out of curiosity, but I might follow up - say, if it's someone on eBay selling a fake bag, which has happened more than once. I don't "track" or "investigate" IP addresses.

Swanky, I'm so sorry I broke the rule, I didn't realize. :shame:

By the way, I'm going to be away for a few days - leaving in like 10 minutes - and I have a bunch of PMs... ack! Will try to respond, then share among yourselves... :smile:

bags4bubbles is right, I just check occasionally to see who's linking to the blog - mostly out of curiosity, but I might follow up - say, if it's someone on eBay selling a fake bag, which has happened more than once. I don't "track" or "investigate" IP addresses.

Swanky, I'm so sorry I broke the rule, I didn't realize. :shame:

LP: I thought I remembered you mentioning in a post a long time ago here (can't find the post but it sticks out in my mind) that you were watching certain visitors to your blog who were "unhappy" with you? I know that statcounters are free and easy to insert onto pages invisibly for this purpose.

I don't mean to offend, but I think that people should know that their information is being recorded if they visit, that's all. Unfortunately bad things CAN be done with an IP address if it falls into the wrong hands. Anyone with a firewall has probably experienced being port scanned by someone trying to break into their machine remotely. I am not by any means implying that you would do this, but if you have a static IP address it is always a concern if that data is being collected without your knowledge.

This thread serves no point anymore :yes: We do not allow other sites to be mentioned here unless talked over by Vlad or myself and to leave this open makes no sense. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.