Inner-European repairs

doongee

O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
Hey babes!
I bought a Pochette Metis empreinte in black (M41487) in Spain (circumstances bla bla...) and realised at home on Germany that the circled-in LV logo in the lock is frickin off and makes the bag look like a knock-off.
I contacted LV CS in Germany but thy don’t give a good load... and told me I bought it in Spain, I claim it in Spain.
I’ve read many times in the forum that people even exchange/refund/or like wise throughout CONTINENTS!
The bag would have to be repaired in France anyway, I bet.
And not to insult anyone’s geography knowledge... but that’s the same from Spain or Germany. They both boarder on France and I bet the delivery costs roughly the same...
Is it my own fault?
Should and WOULD LV Spain still resolve this issue? I’m a proper idiot!
That bag was too good to be true!!! I bet to 99% it was a bag someone sent back because of exactly the lock!!!!!!
....how does LV do quality control these days?!
Seems like not at all some time... :sad:

Maybe you can contact your local store instead of CS? They can be of a lot more help, especially if you have a SA.
I would tell them that as you bought the bag from LV you expect to be able to claim your repair at every LV store. Especially as we have the same currency, etc.

Hey babes!
I bought a Pochette Metis empreinte in black (M41487) in Spain (circumstances bla bla...) and realised at home on Germany that the circled-in LV logo in the lock is frickin off and makes the bag look like a knock-off.
I contacted LV CS in Germany but thy don’t give a good load... and told me I bought it in Spain, I claim it in Spain.
I’ve read many times in the forum that people even exchange/refund/or like wise throughout CONTINENTS!
The bag would have to be repaired in France anyway, I bet.
And not to insult anyone’s geography knowledge... but that’s the same from Spain or Germany. They both boarder on France and I bet the delivery costs roughly the same...
Is it my own fault?
Should and WOULD LV Spain still resolve this issue? I’m a proper idiot!
That bag was too good to be true!!! I bet to 99% it was a bag someone sent back because of exactly the lock!!!!!!
....how does LV do quality control these days?!
Seems like not at all some time... :sad:
This makes no sense. LV can repair the bag no matter where it was bought. Try bringing the bag back to your local store and ask someone else.

Thanks for your tips!
I emailed LV Spain after LV Germany tried to shake me off as someone else’s problem..
I am so disappointed about the bag and the bad service.
I also emailed France, since HQ I thought...
They told me to go to my local boutique and get it EVALUATED as in IT MIGHT COST ME MONEY!!!
I told them this is CLEARLY a manufacturing error and lack of quality control!!!
But they answered again, to go to the store and get it evaluated in person.
So what if they want to charge me for it???
I mean this would be absolutely ridiculous!!!
Should I give in or insist on LV taking all the blame, cause clearly they don’t make the bags like they claim to do and used to do....
Oh and also, I think they are (Spain France Germany) all so sh**ty to me, because they can see my online account which only has 2 purchases. So as in “not a regular, couldn’t care less”.
I am a regular customer since 2007.. I buy under my mom’s name, so her list piles up.
I know I don’t buy aaaaaall the time.
But I buy enough LV to know what I’m suppose to expect in quality!
I am just furious.
After I am done with this issue, I consider never ever buying anything LV ever again.
This is so ridiculous.
LV Germany brushing it off with “You bought it in Spain, please contact LV Spain”. As in “You bought it in Spain, we don’t care! It’s not our problem!” :sad:

Thanks for your tips!
I emailed LV Spain after LV Germany tried to shake me off as someone else’s problem..
I am so disappointed about the bag and the bad service.
I also emailed France, since HQ I thought...
They told me to go to my local boutique and get it EVALUATED as in IT MIGHT COST ME MONEY!!!
I told them this is CLEARLY a manufacturing error and lack of quality control!!!
But they answered again, to go to the store and get it evaluated in person.
So what if they want to charge me for it???
I mean this would be absolutely ridiculous!!!
Should I give in or insist on LV taking all the blame, cause clearly they don’t make the bags like they claim to do and used to do....
Oh and also, I think they are (Spain France Germany) all so sh**ty to me, because they can see my online account which only has 2 purchases. So as in “not a regular, couldn’t care less”.
I am a regular customer since 2007.. I buy under my mom’s name, so her list piles up.
I know I don’t buy aaaaaall the time.
But I buy enough LV to know what I’m suppose to expect in quality!
I am just furious.
After I am done with this issue, I consider never ever buying anything LV ever again.
This is so ridiculous.
LV Germany brushing it off with “You bought it in Spain, please contact LV Spain”. As in “You bought it in Spain, we don’t care! It’s not our problem!” :sad:
First of all: calm down. You being upset is only making the situation more tense. LV France is right. You have to take the bag to your local boutique. They deal with similar issues all the time. All repairs must be evaluated in person at a store. Then they will exchange or repair (charging a fee or for free - depending on the purchase date and the overall condition of the bag).

First of all: calm down. You being upset is only making the situation more tense. LV France is right. You have to take the bag to your local boutique. They deal with similar issues all the time. All repairs must be evaluated in person at a store. Then they will exchange or repair (charging a fee or for free - depending on the purchase date and the overall condition of the bag).
I know I need to calm down.
But the blatant “don’t bother us!” response from LV Germany really got me!!!
LV Spain hasn’t even answered my mail regarding this issue at all.
LV Germany also only replied after I wrote them again!
LV France answered right away. At least the main source is reliable, I guess.
What bothers me besides all the other issues is that they all five different answers. But that general LV, considering what kinds of stories you read on here..
Thanks for your answer though! :smile:
I’ll go to a local LV store in 2 weeks, with an “untouched” PM empreinte, let’s see how they handle it.

I know I need to calm down.
But the blatant “don’t bother us!” response from LV Germany really got me!!!
LV Spain hasn’t even answered my mail regarding this issue at all.
LV Germany also only replied after I wrote them again!
LV France answered right away. At least the main source is reliable, I guess.
What bothers me besides all the other issues is that they all five different answers. But that general LV, considering what kinds of stories you read on here..
Thanks for your answer though! :smile:
I’ll go to a local LV store in 2 weeks, with an “untouched” PM empreinte, let’s see how they handle it.
Did they help you at your local store?

Did they help you at your local store?
Yes!
They did!
I don’t know what’s up with online services. They were so reluctant!

But turns out my bag has to be send to repairs AGAIN!
They didn’t exchange the lock.. either by mistake or pure intention.

Either way I’m super disappointed with LV and this is most probably my last LV piece for a while.....

Yes!
They did!
I don’t know what’s up with online services. They were so reluctant!

But turns out my bag has to be send to repairs AGAIN!
They didn’t exchange the lock.. either by mistake or pure intention.

Either way I’m super disappointed with LV and this is most probably my last LV piece for a while.....
I also had a problem with my PM in marine rouge but my bag was treated very badly by the repair staff which in the end, after 5 months in repair lead to the bag being deemed defective. I still have the reverse monogram one but this one is also showing weird signs of wear but I'm waiting a few months before I bother my SA again with a complaint about the PM.

I won't be getting another PM anytime soon. Which also leaves more room for other LV items :amuse: