Inlaid Op Art Maggie 14298

Oct 7, 2009
I've started seeing a few of the inlaid op art Maggie's go up for sale. I've never seen the bag IRL, but I'm loving the photos I've seen of it. Does anyone own this beauty? If so, what do you think of it? From what I can tell, the size appears to be one step up from the smaller Maggie, but is definitely not the largest Maggie out there (I like big, but not huge bags). Is it a practical bag or would I have to be concerned about damaging the bag?

I think this is the original Coach pic. If it's not, this is not my pic.

Attachments

• Inlaid Op Art Maggie 14298.jpg
    Inlaid Op Art Maggie 14298.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 285
I loved this bag when I first saw it, but it wasn't until I started using it that I really came to appreciate it. There is a real beauty to the leathers and the way they play against each other, and the bag is very well made, the quality is a notch or two above a lot of the other bags Coach has made recently.

I would consider it a practical bag that one could use everyday and in several circumstances, including professional/work & special occasion. Also since it's so dark it won't show the soil as easily as a lighter colored bag.

That bag is gorgeous. I wanted the Claire, but even at outlet price, it's too pricey for me right now, which is why I haven't been actively hunting for it. I hope you get it though. It's gorgeous, and because it's a Maggie, it'll be super functional as well.

I had this bag and loved it...such a standout, neutral, gorgeous leather. I am usually a small bag girl so did not find the size too big. I did return it kicking and screaming, ony because I found it to be a heavy bag which is always a deal breaker for me since my spine is fused. Keep in mind that I typically find bags heavy that others do not. I will always be haunted by this one though...sigh

Here are comp pics for reference of this Maggie compared to the NEW Croc Maggie in Peony

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-re...es-here-including-313956-14.html#post13965203

I kept the Peony not because it is smaller but is lighter. But actually liked the inlaid Maggie better. Pics did not come out that great

Last edited:
Thank you for your opinions katierose & melissatrv!!! Based on both of your thoughts, I think the bag would be perfect for me - which I was hoping wasn't the case because there's a list of other bags I'm still dying to own!!! Oh well, I'll add it to my list and maybe I'll luck out on some great deal one day!

I recently picked this up at the Hagerstown outlet in the "damaged" rack. It had a small piece of loose string but dh fixed it up and it is as good as new. I love it!
I picked it up for $191. What a steal!

Does anyone know what the true measurements are? I've seen contradicting ads - some say 14" long, some say 16" long, and others are somewhere in the middle. I'm trying to compare it to some of the bags I own. Thanks again - you guys rock!

I wanted to buy this bag for myself as a graduation present last year. Unfortunately, because it was a limited edition I could not find it anywhere. I recently found a used bag on ebay and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! I probably own more than 10 coach bags (I live near an outlet store), but this is my first used coach bag it is definitely my favorite!!! Used or not, the craftmanship is amazing. LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

Attachments

• coach maggie inlaid op art3 Smaller Pic.jpg
    coach maggie inlaid op art3 Smaller Pic.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 259