Ink stains

That's an interesting idea. I didn't think of having the bottom replaced. It would certainly look a lot better, as vachetta at the bottom of a big bag really takes a beating. Hmmm... Is it ridiculously expensive? A while back I had to replace the little leather strip that ties at the top of the bag and I seem to recall that it cost a bomb considering it was just a thin strip of vachetta.

Yeah honestly, there isn't much you can do. If it's lead pencil, I take a white eraser and erase the mark off and it comes off just fine.
But my pen marks are tiny enough where you can't see them but mostly on places where they can't be removed (like on the vernis bags.) There really isn't much you can do about ink unless you to like doulos said and have the vachetta replaced.

Lvbabydoll said:
Yeah honestly, there isn't much you can do. If it's lead pencil, I take a white eraser and erase the mark off and it comes off just fine.
But my pen marks are tiny enough where you can't see them but mostly on places where they can't be removed (like on the vernis bags.) There really isn't much you can do about ink unless you to like doulos said and have the vachetta replaced.
Do get a quote when you plan to do this as sometimes it may not seem worth it, that for the same price and a bit more you could get it brand new.

kathyrose said:
Do get a quote when you plan to do this as sometimes it may not seem worth it, that for the same price and a bit more you could get it brand new.

nhlrefbunny (the comment above mine) had hers quoted at $158 to replace the vachetta on her Alma.