Which one do you think I should go for?

• Anthra RH Work

• Ink RH Work

• Be patient and keep waiting

Results are only viewable after voting.

cloudzz

O.G.
Aug 12, 2010
I promised myself that my last bag was going to be my last Bal, but I just have to get a work before I'm officially bal-content. :P I started out loving GH but I've slowly converted to a RH lover. So my next bag will be a rh for sure. However, I'm really torn between these two bags:

1. anthra rh work. I saw a girl with an anthra RGGH work and it was gorgeous! I've been wanting a bag in anthra ever since. I've purchased a few too many bags since September and I really can't allow myself to spend that much money on a brand new one. So I'll need to find a pre-loved one somewhere. I feel like they were everywhere when I didn't want them, but now that I want them, I can't find them around. The only one I spotted is the one on ******, but it doesn't seem have have the blue undertone I like. I do like the look of its leather though... Hmmm... So should I go for this one, or keep waiting, or take option 2?

2. ink rh work. One popped up on my local forum in mint condition. However I was never really into this colour before. I'm only considering it now because: 1. it's chevre leather. 2. it's reasonably priced 3. the color is kind of close to anthra (not really, I know. I want a bluish grey and it's bluish purple.) If an athra work in the same condition with the same price is available to me now I will definitely choose it over the ink work, but it isn't. Also, I keep telling myself that it shouldn't be too hard to sell in the future in case I don't love it as much as I want to. But I told myself this everytime I bought a new bag, and it was never the case. :P

I'm sorry I asked similar questions soo many times before my purchases. I always have a hard time deciding. TIA!

I recently bought an ink and don't love it. honestly i'm more of an anthra/black/neutral person and although I kept telling myself I would love it as such .. idk, it was just too like.. purple for me. I loved the chevre, omg was it lovely. but I just didn't melt with the color. anthra is just more edgy and classic. don't get ink unless you're really comfortable with how purple or navy it looks in many lights.

^^ See I'm the other way round :smile: I love Ink precisely because of the strong purple tones and I think it's more 'edgy' than anthra. My perfect dark grey is 07 Plomb because of the almost metallic quality it has. I guess I find anthra with RH a bit flat regardless of whether there are blue/green undertones.

If you're not 100% sure about Ink I would say wait until the perfect Anthra for you pops up - and it will. And you don't want it to be right after you buy the Ink!!!

Wait for the bag you want. I love Ink myself, but if you aren't in love with it; don't settle. However if you want to pass that Ink on ... post it over in the Finds thread over in the shopping section. I've no doubt she will find a good home with one of us.

Anthra is a yearly color so it will be out again next season.

Interestingly I bought an Ink Box because I couldnt find an Eggplant Twiggy. I then got an Eggplant City which is used more but thats primarily due to the shape, the box is a bit too small.

The Ink sits well with me as it has purple undertones and as you can tell I am a purple fan :smile:

I would say dont settle, only get the Ink if you truly think you wont regret it.

ok here's the thing - i totally get that i'm super weird for not loving ink (it is, in theory, SO very lovable)

BUT

you seem to be in a similar predicament that I was. I think at the end of the day I only 'settled' for ink because it's supposed to be such an amazing color, so well liked .. it's chevre.. its similar to what i wanted, etc etc

but your words "However I was never really into this colour before. I'm only considering it now because:" lead me to believe you would do the same as me. and let me tell you, as others had warned me before.. if the bag isn't the color you wanted or is 'close' or you were pushed over the edge by the leather.

that other color is going to haunt your house until the day you die.

SO UNLESS you plan on making two purchases soon (as I have done, as I wasted my time withering and blithering and musing over my bag that got away) -

I would go for what you really really want, not something else just because.

I recently bought an ink and don't love it. honestly i'm more of an anthra/black/neutral person and although I kept telling myself I would love it as such .. idk, it was just too like.. purple for me. I loved the chevre, omg was it lovely. but I just didn't melt with the color. anthra is just more edgy and classic. don't get ink unless you're really comfortable with how purple or navy it looks in many lights.

I think I will be in the exact same situation if I go for the ink. I totally understand how you felt because that's what I'm feeling right now. I don't really like it but everyone seems to like it so much, and so many has hyped about its colour and leather. I feel like I am supposed to love it as everyone else, but I haven't succeeded so far. Just like you, I don't like the purple tone to it either. I don't think I'll manage to love it if it's indeed too purple. Also, the leather on this bag I'm looking at isn't great either. It's looks flat, thin, and quite dry. I guess the decision is an easy one. :P

Thanks for your help! I don't know why it was so hard for me to choose when I clearly preferred one over the other. And thanks oggers86, RhiannonMR, and silverfern! You are right I shouldn't settle for something I'm not sure of. Now I'll just have to decide whether I want to get the anthra from Erica or wait till a better one (hopefully) comes around.:biggrin:

totally true, I so understand that feeling of ..

huh? why does everyone love this bag? ok maybe I should ..

to the point of being tempted to buy something! when you see a bag on someone else and go WHOA .. it's going to stay with you. also re the bag that's available now .. hmm. could you return it if you see it in person and it sucks? maybe you'll be surprised that it's much better in person. also anthra pops up a ton .. if it's not perfectly what you want, wait.

i am playing the waiting game myself at the moment and I KNOW .. :Push: .. but way better than seeing that damn thing sitting on your desk every morning when you wake up and thinking - WHY DID I DO THAT, or worse trying to force yourself to use it and love it but never feeling quite great.

oh and p.s. i know this is obv but anthra IS every year so chances of a preloved are super high. if you were looking for some random 04 color or something i would say POUNCE but c'mon .. apart from sheer force of will, why else wouldn't you wait for the perfect work?

like I said though it could be great IRL. ask for more pics. think about the return process. go from there?

^^^ Agree!

Get what you absolutely love: settling for second best, or what you think you should you love, but in reality only like, is a recipe for immediate heartache.

If we all thought about every purchase like we would a new home, we'd do the obvious - which is, wait for, and get only what we absolutely feel good about. Now that I've started applying this theory to my Bal bags, I am somewhat dismayed about the huge number that I will be now be letting go to find a new home others!!

With what these bags cost you should NEVER settle. Not to be crass but Balenciaga does NOT come cheap. And for the price you should be drooling over it BEFORE you do the damage to the credit card/wallet. I love Ink, you do not. No problem there are plenty of colors out there. I for one don't go for some of the brighter pinks, others drool over them. Different strokes ya know?

Anyways all I can say is don't settle for what is there right now. Because as soon as you do, the ONE will show up and you will most likely want to kick yourself for missing it.