Ink on patent zoe

mickiechickie

Jan 29, 2008
I need help...I purchased an orchid patent zoe on bonanzle thanks to another TPFer sending me a listing! Thanks!!! I scored her for 85.00 including shipping!!!:yahoo: Anyway it has a small ink mark about a 1/2 in and I have tried hairspray and it didn't come off...any other suggestions? It did get a little lighter but that is it...It isn't terribly noticable BUT I know it is there - I know crazy but that is just how I am.

Any thoughts on how I might get it out without damaging the handbag?

Thanks!!

Now don't take my word on this, check for other opinions before doing any of this first since I'm not an expert by any means, but I got quite a bit of denim transfer on my stitched patent white alex tote and used a bit of non-acetone nail polish remover on it. While it didn't take it completely off it's really very light now and the bag is totally usable again. I did some google searches and found out about it. It also said that the nail polish remover can remove the shine a little so to shine it back up use a little windex on it. Sounded strange but I did do that also and I can't really say if that did anything or not. I do know that doing those 2 things to my patent white bag did not harm it at all though.
Good luck!

Off subject: I took this bag back for this very reason. Within 30 minutes of using the bag (which I LOVED), there was denim transfer. The jeans were NOT new by any means. My boutique took it right back and issued a refund.

Wow, that was really nice of them. Even though I bought mine with I think the first PCE of this year, I cut the tags only recently and had only used it for a week tops before it happened. And like you my denim capris were at least 4 years old and had been washed many many times! Even though they weren't a light colored denim they certainly weren't dark either. And that was the first denim I had worn while carrying her.
I should see if they'll return mine since even though I lightened the transfer a lot I'm still too paranoid to even carry it now and it'll just sit in my closet collecting dust. Thanks for the info!