ink on my Hermes, please help!

Brandwashed

Label Obsession
Jul 19, 2008
my 2 year old nephew was playing around in my room today and i found his drawing lines on my leather Hermes belt. please tell me there's a way to get this black ink off my orange leather belt im desparate? HELP.

Does your nephews mother have baby wipes? Get to itquick with the non-alcohol type, which is most. Otherwise check DocRide's thread on leather care GL!

Hi, So sorry to hear this happened to you....If it's a felt tip or sharpee you are plumb out of luck but if it's from a ball point pen...you may have a good chance...of rescue effort success.
Ball point ink must be removed promptly within the first 48hrs preferably within the first couple of hours...Try a soft white (art or pencil or pen )eraser first see how much you can get off...Try not to rub to hard or you'll lose orange color as well...
There are also ink killers or ink removers but they are quite harsh and you will lose the orange color below when you use them and then you'll have to redye the area...Hermes Orange is a very hard color to match...so I would not advise this route...Good luck...
If all else fails you can always just dye the belt black and cover the problem...and then buy another orange belt to cheer you up.Hugs, doc

I had a pen mark on the front of my Gold Evelyne & I took it to my H store. They sent it off to Paris & a few weeks later I got it back without the pen mark.I was so relieved!I hope you have the same luck!