Ink bags and sale bags at Barneys Boston

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was just at Barneys Boston (MA) and they have some Balenciaga on sale. Call 617-385-3330 and ask for Paula if you're interested in any of these.

Ink shrug (nice soft leather) $599 (I was very tempted by this but just got a blueberry day)
    Ink arena hook $779 (orig. $1295) fairly small bag, with a lot of hardware, kind of cute
    Pale rose day $599 (color might be a little faded or off, but not too bad)
    Pale rose courier $659

Monk leather bags with the metal tags on the outside (extremly soft, beautiful leather):
    large tote in dark brown or light brown: $839 (orig. $1395)
    medium dark brown or light brown: $749 (orig. 1250)
    small in light brown: $659 (orig. $1095)

They also have the following ink bags in stock (not on sale):
    1 courier (not sure if regular or super-size)
    2 boxes (I have one of these on hold while I think about it. I thought it would be too small for me, but I was surprised that I really like it).

2. I bought my Ink Shrug from Barneys Ny on Monday. It should be here today. Cant wait!

3. I ordered an ink box and first on Monday. I am hoping it comes today because I have to decide which one (if either) I want to keep. What do you think the leather was like on the ink box? Was it nice? I am a little worried because I was at Barney's Chicago Sunday and all the bags looked like they were the leftovers in terms of the leather.

4. OMG! City~ thanks for this! I have to get the ink box for l-b!!! I hope they have one left for her! Was Peter there?

5. I thought the leather looked nice on the ink box.

You know what, I spaced out, I meant Barneys Boston, not Chestnut Hill (where Peter is). I don't know what I was thinking...maybe too excited by the prospect of Bbags on sale (and I usually go to CH not Boston). Is it possible for this to be edited?

6. I know! LOL I called and asked for Peter b/c I work with him at Chestnut Hill! Anyway, I just bought the box for l-b! We'll it's on hold just trying to pay for it! Paula is a doll!!!!!!!!!

7. The shrug doesn't close all the way at the top. Is that correct? It has a flap in the middle?

8. Sorry about that confusion Zacorey. I'm glad it worked out for you to get the ink box -- very thoughtful of you to do that for a fellow PF member.

Peter (at CH) is such a sweetheart. Unfortunatley I have never bought a bag from him because they've never had what I wanted in stock at the right time.
    I just met Paula at Boston today and thought she was very nice as well.

9. city~ she knew I called b/c of you!!!!!!! LOL I really like Peter and I have not bought from him either b/c I never found a bag I wanted there. Maybe Chestnut Hill is having a sale too?

10. Yes, that's right, there is a flap over the top and down the middle, but it doesn't close all the way at the top. See LP's reference:

atelier.naff: Balenciaga motorcycle style reference

11. I called and put the shrug on hold. Paula said, "Wow, Chris really got the word out!" LOL.

12. ^^^lol!!!!!!!!!

13. Do you think it would be easy for things to fall out of a shrug?

14. Well, I just bought the ink box for l_b and it's being shipped to me. It's so confusing but l_b is getting the bag from NY store. If anyone wants it before I return it let me know.

15. I've never had a problem, the leather sides kinda fold one on top of the other and then the leather flap holds them down. You can see what I mean in this picture: [​IMG]