Ink Alexa lockplate...

ShetlandLass

Crofter Delux
Dec 25, 2009
So I noticed this morning that the lockplate on my Lexi is all patchy, like the gold has rubbed off...

Anyone else have any photos of their one to share?

This is what mine looks like - I am finding it rather upsetting!

X

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 279
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 248
I've had this happen on other Mulberry bags. i'm wondering if spraying the bag with colinil changes the metal or if a meatal cleaner like Brasso would remove the tarnish. i haven't tried this yet!

Happened to some of my Bayswaters in the past too. I think it will become peeled with use as the lock are only plated quite thinly with that metallic finish ( I think?). I have become more careful with how I close and open the locks, and try not to let the parts scratch so much:wondering I think that's what we call babying our bags :sad: It is very annoying when it happens, but I try to see it as characteristics...

My peony looks like this honey, its almost like it has a smeary appearance than needs a good buffing, but buffing doesnt work.

It bothered me when it first happened, but I dont like bright super shiny hardware so I must admit that it doesnt bother me now, but it is odd that it happens for sure!

are you going to contact CS x

No peeling in my Bays lock, maybe because it's only 1.5 weeks old, but mine does looks pretty scratchy.
I try to minimise the scratches on the lock by always securing the lock when i carry it.
I'd try contacting Mulberry CS if i were you to see what they say.

I do not have this on my ol or pink leopard alexas but I agree that you should call cs. I know that they can send you out a new lock for you to unscrew and replace yourself. They have just done this for me because my pink lex lock arrived scratched from the mulberry store. I did have to take it to a store first though for them to confirn i had an authentic bag and was not a faker trying to obtain genuine parts. Dp is going to replace the old lock with the new one for me. Good luck sorting it out xx

Thanks ladies.

Well I called CS to see what they said - they denyed anyone else reporting this fault.. so that didnt make me feel very confident.

They told me they want the bag back.. I am 100% sure that the lock can be replaced so Im not scared it goes to the PONR! But I am worried they will phone back and say that this is damage I have caused myself - BUT the girl on the phone said that she knew it would be covered under warranty as its under 12 months old..

I feel sick at the thought of sending my baby away :sad:

So what should I do? It doesnt REALLY annoy me, but I just expected more from Mulberry..

X

Call them back & ask them to arrange for it to be picked up by a courier, so that you are not out of pocket.

Get it sent back asap .. any fault is still exactly that .. a fault!

I've just checked all my bags with a twist lock. I have this tarnished look on my printed ledbury, choc ant, black ant and oak ant (before i sold it, although it came like this) All these are older bags but printed ledbury has only been used a handful of times.

I* wonder why this happens then, will they are eventually tarnish or is it just a handful?

I would send it back, don't worry the lock can be easily changed so you'll get ink Alexa back x

If that really bothers you, I think it's best to just send the bag to Mulberry CS to get it fixed since it's still under warranty.
You bought that bag in premium price, you certainly deserve better.