Initials

koukanamiya said:
How do you get your initials embossed on your Hermes bag? Do you have to do it through special order? IF I ever get a croc Kelly, I would love to have my initials on it so it's more personal

You can also have your initials put on with goldplated letters. I spoke to Claude about this once and it is about $250 per initial, if memory serves.

I don't like having initials on my bag either, except for my luggages -- so I can recognize it at the luggage pick-up if someone has an identical bag as mine. But yes, the service is available, you just have to request it like what hermeslady said.

Having initials embossed on an Hermes bag does make it very personal but it has never crossed my mind to do it on mine.

I do like the fact that Hermes denotes the year with a letter e.g. I for 2005, J for 2006 etc. I have a couple of bags where the year stamp letter is the initial of my name. I thought this is something special too! :smile:

My vintage green Kelly that I just bought has the previous owners' initials on the inside of the flap, which I thought was rather smart 'cause they don't interfere with the look of the bag in any way, but only you know they are there...On the other hand, if you want to sell the bag, like this person did, her initials on the inside of the bag don't bother me at all...;)

I had been thinking about waiting for the year that contains the initial of my name to come along but that will take almost too long since my initial is at the beginning of the alphabet:lol:

I'm thinking of saving the initial embossing for the most special bag.

I am having my initials placed in my croc Kelly and this had to be decided upon prior to crafting. I had to sign off on font style,size,and colour,then it was faxed back to Paris. This is a SO; made especially for me and I absolutely want my "mark" on it.

I don't know ... I don't think I would want to put my initial on any of my H bag. It feels as if I am destroying the beauty of the bag. Having the bag itself is enough for me.

But the initial can be done. Our in house craftsman once did it on a belt.

I love that I can have Hermes ask me if I want to personalise my Kelly? I was sent a selection that I had include my signature on. I imagine that Hermes has my name on record. I also have my monogram in my furs. Maybe if you are a reseller????? Hermes will only monogram their own; would this lower the value???????

I love that I can have Hermes ask me if I want to personalise my Kelly? I was sent a selection that I had include my signature on. I imagine that Hermes has my name on record. I also have my monogram in my furs. Maybe if you are a reseller????? Hermes will only monogram their own; would this lower the value???????

Definitely. Once a bag is monogrammed with your initials, it is personalized for you. It is not a problem if you do not plan to sell the bag.

My 37cm VL Indigo Bolide is in Paris now waiting for the original crafts person to emboss my initials in silver on the oval patch. I am not selling the bag, getting married again, or changing my name, so I had no hesitation at have my Bolide personalized. One of the post above mentions a $250.00 fee, I am not being charged a fee, I was told by my SA & SM that there is no charge. The only draw back for me is the time frame. It could take 6 to 9 months for my bag arrive back from Paris.

I am having my initials placed in my croc Kelly and this had to be decided upon prior to crafting. I had to sign off on font style,size,and colour,then it was faxed back to Paris. This is a SO; made especially for me and I absolutely want my "mark" on it.

I LOVE that, Duch:love: . I agree, totally, and may ask for initials when I score a croc Kelly!

I think you should have your initials put on your bag. it makes it more personal and special to you. If you plan to have it forever and cherish it, then have it done. I have all my LV stamped, it adds kind of an old world touch...but i don't really resell either.