Inherited Vintage Kelly 60s

Whatever my aunt decides, if the buyer wants additional authentication she would just go and do it st the time. I honestly don't see a point to authenticate it until a buyer is ready to buy it and then appoints the authenticator for the peace of mind for that buyer. I don't see why she should go to a third party now, not knowing what the buyer trusts. If a buyer says the more proof the better so maybe one authentication by one party isn't even enough. I personally would not go thru the trouble until she has someone ready to buy and then she can ask the buyer what proof she or he likes. I would not push my aunt to go authenticate online until she figues out how she wants to sell it and who she wants to sell it to.

I don't know why this is turning into a debate in whether my aunt should go to a third party or not. She's decided on going to hermes first. If her 95 year old cousin bought a fake bag in the 60s and it got destroyed while at hermes then so be it. I would be happy to see it destroyed if that were the case and my aunt does not have sentimental value attached to it else she wouldn't want to sell it in the first place.
:yes: I have no idea why anyone would feel the need for third party authentication ‘as an extra layer ‘ over hermes.

Agreed we got off topic and derailed the thread - I feel like I do this a lot, apologies!! OP sounds like you’ve determined the next steps :tup:

Wish you good luck and may we hear some happy updates in the future!

Reactions: keodi