Inherited old tote..can I use maybe for work?

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
This bag has been sitting in my closet for about 8 years. It means a lot to me. When my aunt was dying, she told me a story about how she bought the bag in Rome. She loved traveling to Europe and we shared a love of fashion. When she finally passed away, her son told me that after our conversation she told him to give me the bag after she passed. It still has her name on a card inside. I have dust bag too.

The bag is huge (for me) as I carry small bags. And I am always a little mindful of logos at work. But I was thinking its large enough for my files etc.

Could I use it? It's vintage for sure but in good condition. The wrinkles in pics are because there's nothing in it. While it's monogram it's a little understated. I truly cherish the bag for how I received it. But should I just let it sit in my closet? Honest opinions.

IMG_1486690427.384719.jpg
IMG_1486690438.816874.jpg

It looks like it's in great condition for a vintage bag. The straps also look pretty sturdy it's perfect for a work bag.

Yeah! It's just been sitting in dust bag. There was a spot on it but baby wipe took right off! I wasn't sure if it would look too old. It means so much to me. Thank you. Anyone else have opinion bring it on thx

Last edited:
Reactions: Bribunny
That Bag is a real beauty :heart:. You should definitly use it. Due to the color it is not as in your face as the Neverfulls in monogram for example and the shape is really nice, so i wouldn't worry at all to take it too work. Plus if you love the bag it is all that matters IMO. And considering how you got her i would wear her with pride.

Bottom line: I say use her. She is way to beautyful to sit in your closet.

That Bag is a real beauty :heart:. You should definitly use it. Due to the color it is not as in your face as the Neverfulls in monogram for example and the shape is really nice, so i wouldn't worry at all to take it too work. Plus if you love the bag it is all that matters IMO. And considering how you got her i would wear her with pride.

Bottom line: I say use her. She is way to beautyful to sit in your closet.

Thank you for your opinion. I was concerned about the logo but it is muted. Thanks!

Reactions: its.Katania
Your aunt wanted you to have it. She was thinking of you and your shared love of fashion. I'm sure every time you look at it you think of her. Memories are a wonderful thing when our loved ones are gone. You actually have something physical of hers that at one time she handpicked herself and she could have given to anyone or simply threw it out. She chose you.....and its size an shape would be perfect for a work tote.

Your aunt wanted you to have it. She was thinking of you and your shared love of fashion. I'm sure every time you look at it you think of her. Memories are a wonderful thing when our loved ones are gone. You actually have something physical of hers that at one time she handpicked herself and she could have given to anyone or simply threw it out. She chose you.....and its size an shape would be perfect for a work tote.

Ok that was beautiful. Thank you for your thoughts.

Why wouldn't you use it? Beautiful, unique vintage piece

It's very large. Not something for everyday. That's why I thought maybe work. And I needed my Gucci peeps opinion on wearability as it is old plus I was hesitant on logos at work. I work in conservative environment.

I think because of its meaning I will start using this beauty. Thank you all!

Last edited:
I think your aunt left it to you because she wanted to give her bag a good home and she knew you'd appreciate it. I certainly think she would have wanted you to use and enjoy it.

As others have said it would make a excellent work bag. It may be large but it should be quite light, perfect when you need to bring an extra cardigan in the Summer or large scarf in Winter. For those that know Gucci the fact it's vintage will make it extra cool and yet most people would never be able to tell it's not recent, it looks like a classic tote.

Reactions: snibor
I think your aunt left it to you because she wanted to give her bag a good home and she knew you'd appreciate it. I certainly think she would have wanted you to use and enjoy it.

As others have said it would make a excellent work bag. It may be large but it should be quite light, perfect when you need to bring an extra cardigan in the Summer or large scarf in Winter. For those that know Gucci the fact it's vintage will make it extra cool and yet most people would never be able to tell it's not recent, it looks like a classic tote.

Thank you for your comment. Great idea about how to use it. I'm definitely taking it out now. It's been sitting way too long.