Infrarouge Pochette Metis canvas issues

malealovelv

Feb 20, 2016
After only having my PM for a week, I found some canvas issues on my bag- bubbling and cracked/peeling, but I only noticed in natural sunlight. I throughly inspect my bags before I take them home and only noticed cuz I was sitting outside with my bag. My SA was kind enough to do an exchange (she thinks it's just glue), but my new one also has one spot like my previous bag. (I've had it for a week and only used once). Please check your bags in natural sunlight, otherwise I wouldn't have seen the problem canvas. I really love the infrarouge, I'm actually thinking of just accepting the defects. What would you do?

Attachments

• IMG_4383.JPG
    IMG_4383.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 3,241
  • IMG_4402.JPG
    IMG_4402.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 3,371
  • IMG_4422.JPG
    IMG_4422.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 3,558
Sorry to hear about the issue.
I had the monogram pochette metis, thrice. Bought the first & did 2 exchanges due to peeling on the glazing.
I gave up & exchanged for the twinset/twice in empriente, best decision ever.
My suggestion - don't settle for a bag that you may regret not exchanging for when you had the opportunity (especially when you are aware of the fault).
Personally, it will bug me to death & I know I will totally stop using it at some point. Yet I wouldn't be able to resell it at a reasonable price due to the imperfection that I had chosen to accept in the first place & end up regretting the purchase.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the issue.
I had the monogram pochette metis, thrice. Bought the first & did 2 exchanges due to peeling on the glazing.
I gave up & exchanged for the twinset/twice in empriente, best decision ever.
My suggestion - don't settle for a bag that you may regret not exchanging for when you had the opportunity (especially when you are aware of the fault).
Personally, it will bug me to death & I know I will totally stop using it at some point. Yet I wouldn't be able to resell it at a reasonable price due to the imperfection that I had chosen to accept in the first place & end up regretting the purchase.

Agree 100% I would not settle and I would fear it would get worse.

I would return it. I will check my Infro in natural light as soon as I get my lazy behind out of bed. I'm really getting nervous about my bag now after hearing all these stories. When I was deciding between my Infro and another Infro my SA brought out (I like to check out more than one when buying) I did notice stuff on it but my SA said it was just glue likes yours did, needless to say I went with the one I have now. I also noticed a defect on the other she brought out.

Keep us posted on what you decide!

Reactions: bugn
I would return it. Someone posted that it's not glue it's the shiny clear coat that is applied over the canvas. If that's the case it seems like a problem that could get worse with age. Really not acceptable on a bag at this price level.

Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: Sonmi999
A couple more pictures I couldn't load earlier: first pic is the first bag I got. Second picture is the bag I exchanged with. Whatever the spot/bubbling is, it doesn't rub off. Again, not noticeable until in natural sunlight. It's really too bad, this purse is lovely. Thanks for your responses thus far. I wonder if other infrarouge's are affected.

Attachments

• IMG_4421.JPG
    IMG_4421.JPG
    293.7 KB · Views: 2,979
  • IMG_4451.JPG
    IMG_4451.JPG
    334.6 KB · Views: 3,002
So sorry this happened to you twice :sad: ! I can´t believe so many people have this issue with their bag :-s.
I don`t have the Infrarouge, but the Reverse PM and checked it right away. So far I can´t see anything, but all these reports about canvas issues freak me out :shocked:.

Reactions: mahinaetoile
There are definitely other ladies in here that have had the issue. The rest of us are checking our bags incessantly. Definitely change it again! Maybe they can order you one from a different location. Maybe their stock is from the same defective batch.

Sorry about your bag and I feel your pain. Just noticed today my bag has what looks like glue coming off the canvas. I'm so pissed, I really loved this bag. I've only used it three times. Guess I need to email my SA and see what she has to say about it. If I exchange I will not be getting another Infra that's for sure.20170101_132736.jpg