Information on GST

Naomi, you want to get a GST???

So, tell me, did my avatar pic have anything to do with it??? :graucho:

The GST is now $2125 in the States.

This bag is amazing...I would choose this bag over whichever LV bag you're considering (I think I know which) because it's such a classic piece and it fits a fair amount of stuff (I had my binder of geology notes in there a couple of times). It's boxy and takes some time to get used to but the leather on mine has already softened up a little so it's easier to carry. And like Swanky said, just cross the straps to prevent the outer one from falling off.

I've included some pics to enable you, including pics of the beige one that I returned:

Attachments

• newpic1.jpg
    newpic1.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 56
  • va4.jpg
    va4.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 48
  • va1.jpg
    va1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 65
Twiggers,
definately go for the GST! I just got a great deal on a gently one via an inexperienced, but honest, ebay seller. I've had it for about a week, and I am sooooooo in love with it. It's my favorite bag (at least at the moment).

Like you, I was looking for an everyday tote, one I can take to work and dinner with friends, while also matching with alot of outfits. I was inspired by Heidi from the mtv show, The Hills as she always wore hers and the bag looked good with everything!

You will not be sorry. I think the bag looks chic, but understated. It is also classic and will last you through the seasons. I am 5'2 and a size 4/5 and don't find it too big at all. In fact, I thought it would be bigger. I also did my research on this bag through the forum and had doubts about the strap falling off. It sits very comfortably on my shoulder and doesn't slip off -- I have broad shoulders. Also, it does "mold" into your body the more you wear it.
Hope this helps! good luck!

Thanks for the pics Karman!!!! I remember you showing it in here and it got me thinking about it!

I think I'm going to go for it....I just need to figure out if I have to pay sales tax to get it shipped from Saks (even though I have a Chanel Saks here in Indiana....)....is Chanel a separate store inside Saks (like LV is?)?

I only ask because if I buy from LV in Saks in Illinois and get it shipped I don't pay tax...even though I have an LV Saks in Indiana...but the one time I bought from Saks LV in Ohio they charged me tax. Weird LOL

And yes, I'm about to buy a $1900 bag and am *****ing about 6% tax LOLOL

I am only 5-3-1/2 and love the GST., the strap does fall off my shoulder sometimes but all straps do since I have no shoulders.....LOL, I solved this problem with shoulder pads and now they don't fall off my shoulders any more. My Saks SA whom I called yesterday regarding the GST, told me the price had not increased on them....if you want her number to see if she can get it for you pre-increase p.m. me....GL:heart:H

Thanks for the pics Karman!!!! I remember you showing it in here and it got me thinking about it!

I think I'm going to go for it....I just need to figure out if I have to pay sales tax to get it shipped from Saks (even though I have a Chanel Saks here in Indiana....)....is Chanel a separate store inside Saks (like LV is?)?

I only ask because if I buy from LV in Saks in Illinois and get it shipped I don't pay tax...even though I have an LV Saks in Indiana...but the one time I bought from Saks LV in Ohio they charged me tax. Weird LOL

And yes, I'm about to buy a $1900 bag and am *****ing about 6% tax LOLOL

I'm in NJ and buy from the PA Saks for no tax, I would think it would be the same for you. I have a good SA in the Bala Cynwd PA store, pm me if you want his information, he'll take care of ya!

Maybe it is agreement that certain states have with other states for the no sales tax thing. Weird! I may have to start calling around and asking them to put my zip code in and see if sales tax comes up LOL....well at that point it might just be worth the extra money LOL

with any of my bags, I overlap one strap over the other to keep them from slipping
yes.gif

thanks Swanky!:tup:

Karman - You are adorable! Love your pic.

As for the weight of GST - Compared to the Paddington - Weigh better!
(pardon the pun)
I practically gave all my Paddingtons aways because of the weight and my GST is no wear near as heavy.

Hey Twiggers, great idea on the GST. I love mine, it is one of my favorite bags, and I'm usually an LV lover. One thing though, the Saks in Chicago doesn't have a Chanel counter, only for makeup. :sad: I really wish they did, I love that store. Neiman Marcus on Michigan Avenue carries Chanel, but the SA's there are two of the snobbiest men I have ever met and I refuse to shop there, just to warn ya. If you end up making a trip to the city, I'd say go to the boutique. They are really sweet there. Good luck!

Twiggs, I am late to arrive on this conversation, but better late than never! LOL! I just ordered a GST from NM last week to beat the Nov. 1st price increase. I just got it in the mail yesterday and I am so excited to use it, I haven't been this excited about a bag in a long time. I have a pink PST that I have had for years and it has been very durable and still looks pristine. I hope you went for it, you will adore this bag. Plus the diversity is always fun!

I am going to be calling around today to Saks stores to see if I can find one!!! I'm waiting on an ebay buyer to pay for something and then I'll go ahead and order it (don't want to count my chickens before they hatch kind of thing)!