Infomercial Excercie Equipment - ever bought?

Cal

Bum Chum
Jan 27, 2006
I did about 7 years ago. I bought a "Linda Evangelista" excercise rider. Looked like a bike with no wheels and you kind of pushed down with your feet, pulled with your hands and did some kind of weird workout. Tragic. I played with it for about 3 minutes and hid it. If marketed properly (with wheels) could have been a great form of transport. Anyone every bought fitness equipment from Infomercials?

I am embarrassed to say that I bought Bun n Thigh scupltor, thigh master, Abtronic etc. They are just collecting dust at home. I am still tempted sometimes to buy more but now that there is a DH who stops me from doing stupid things like this.

lool i bought the GAZELLE..the machine that tony little advertised for...i dont know why i did it...i always thought he had issues and now after buying the machine...im SURE he does!

USCgerl said:
I did buy a Thighmaster from a sports store after seeing it on TV. Used it for about a week and was over it! At least it was cheap!
And Suzanne (the mogul) Somers get richer and richer - I buy her cocktail mixers (no refined sugar) so I am helping as well.

Not from infomercials, but I have bought a lot of exercise equiptment. I bought a stairmaster from QVC (years and years ago), and I did use that quite a bit at first, but then it became a coat rack.:shame: Then I bought an exercise bike, and that was ok, but I didn't like it enough to keep using it. So I sold it. After that, I bought a treadmill, that I LOVE, and use about 4-5 times a week. It's been the most effective workout so far. I also have a freeweight bench set, and that's great,too.

dk2504 said:
lool i bought the GAZELLE..the machine that tony little advertised for...i dont know why i did it...i always thought he had issues and now after buying the machine...im SURE he does!

My mom bought one of those, but we watched the video that came with it first. I think it was a half hour or 45 minutes. It was :weird:! It showed him being weird and in the middle you see parents and their kids playing with water guns. lol :nuts: My mom used it for about a month before it started making weird noises. Like it was going to break.

I bought some abflex machine that I saw on an infomercial. It worked in reducing my waist size, but it also gave me horrible back pain. Anyways, I'm sure that it's found a better life in the storage unit now.

I am tempted to buy the bowflex though. Atleast it makes more sense to me.

purselova34 said:
My mom bought one of those, but we watched the video that came with it first. I think it was a half hour or 45 minutes. It was :weird:! It showed him being weird and in the middle you see parents and their kids playing with water guns. lol :nuts: My mom used it for about a month before it started making weird noises. Like it was going to break.

Yes, the exact same thing happened. Except I think the sounds were because it needed to be oiled.