Influencers and Hermes

To add onto the above, the over-saturation and overexposure of certain jewelries and bags in social media and irl has really turned me off those items or those luxury brands. It’s not that I can’t appreciate the design or workmanship, but I want something not as recognizable and low key. Some items out there have become very basic and for some that’s ok but not for me. If I’m going to spend to treat myself to something special I don’t want another speedy or neverfull or (and please don’t take offense - just my opinion) plain vintage mop or onyx bracelet or pendant type items.

I don’t think a lot of these influencers buy because they truly appreciate the brand but merely to show off and gain followers and/or try to get sponsors. There seems to be some psychological need to achieve some kind of validation due to some insecurities.
These influencers are always after the next thing. They never seem to be happy with what they have. They change their minds so often it makes your head spin.

There are influencers who appear to unbox a Birkin or Kelly or Constance every month. There’s one influencer who went crazy over jewelry this past year. She’s been on a buying binge but then selling a lot too. I saw another one recently post she doesn’t want some of her canvas bags anymore so she’s selling them. This after spending what seems like at least a half mil on luxury goods last year and a major shopping spree at a few brands. The overconsumption and constant chasing and inability to appreciate what one has is a turn off.

The sm posts are all very similar. Here’s a gold Birkin siting on a coffee table or against the backdrop of a couch with an Avalon blanket or under a Christmas tree or at a Parisian cafe or maybe even in an Hermes boutique. Or maybe if the influencer has multiple bags - lining them up to show colors or laying them in a pattern. I used to find myself oohing or aahing at posts of certain luxury bags or jewelry particularly those with Hermes and vca or cartier but now I’ve seen so many and because the styling is so similar my eyes glaze over. Lately I’ve been telling ig to stop showing me arm stack of cartier love, juc and vca bangles - even full pave. Styling is mundane and repetitive. Boring.

These days I am finding myself looking at other jewelry designers or not as popular designs with certain jewelry designers. I’m also finding myself shopping for H items that are low key - the quirky looking blanket which doesn’t show any reference to H or men’s scarves or a unique belt buckle.

What’s been surprising to me is the age of many influencers and luxury buyers generally. They seem to be getting younger and younger. I read recently that the average age of luxury buyers may be or soon be as young as 15. I’m seeing more teens on sm wearing vintage bracelets or cartier love or juc bangles. Crazy.
The same sentiment I have. I had the lv speedy in my wishlist since 8 years ago. Last year, I was already at the stage when I can purchase it without guilt and feeling like I didn't have enough saved to buy a luxury handbag. But I haven't worn it a lot because that one time I did, I probably bumped into 3 women with the same handbag as me! And then my feed is also filled with people unboxing a vca 5 motif bracelet in mop.

Like you, I've been on the hunt now for brands that are more discreet. I am also looking at local Italian brands that can make quality handbags that I won't see everywhere. As for jewelry, I've been collecting Blue Nile and James Allen pieces which I don't see on SM a lot but are still great quality.

Any recommendations for under the radar brands for bags and jewelry?

I have come across three influencers posting pictures with the same hermes fsh SA on social media, they posted all type of very hard to get bags with no spending but pre-booked appointments. One was even filmed by another SA while she was entering the store, even though she is famous for mocking hermes and their sa’s.
What are their @‘s?

Reactions: CN_loverofluxe
What are their @‘s?
I have seen the same thing too.
One is ericasgirlyworld.
She posted a lot of pictures and video with this SA and of what she got at FSH. However she never said how she got her appointment…
That SA has been seen with a lot of other bloggers on IG and getting their dream bags even though she is allocated to jewelry. She even repost everything on her account. I think that she had a to private recently…
Not sure why H is allowing that unless it’s all marketing? It’s my guess.

The same sentiment I have. I had the lv speedy in my wishlist since 8 years ago. Last year, I was already at the stage when I can purchase it without guilt and feeling like I didn't have enough saved to buy a luxury handbag. But I haven't worn it a lot because that one time I did, I probably bumped into 3 women with the same handbag as me! And then my feed is also filled with people unboxing a vca 5 motif bracelet in mop.

Like you, I've been on the hunt now for brands that are more discreet. I am also looking at local Italian brands that can make quality handbags that I won't see everywhere. As for jewelry, I've been collecting Blue Nile and James Allen pieces which I don't see on SM a lot but are still great quality.

Any recommendations for under the radar brands for bags and jewelry?
Graff, buccellati, boucheron, delvaux, moynat, strathberry, aspinal to name a few. I’m also looking at David yurman again. A kind of old money/mature ladies brand for some time and then it became popular in the nineties and early 2000s with younger crowds - mostly the silver lines, and then kind of disappeared with cartier and vca growing in popularity. I’ve been looking at some of their classic necklaces and bangles again but in solid gold. Kind of has the Yellowstone vibe if you know what I mean.

One is ericasgirlyworld.
She posted a lot of pictures and video with this SA and of what she got at FSH. However she never said how she got her appointment…
That SA has been seen with a lot of other bloggers on IG and getting their dream bags even though she is allocated to jewelry. She even repost everything on her account. I think that she had a to private recently…

She mentioned in her video that her appointment was pre arranged with her SA (it wasn't her first time at FSH, a few years ago she bought a Birkin 35 there)

Reactions: stephbb9
One is ericasgirlyworld.

I saw her video too! She had a lovely experience in Paris. My guess was that she probably had a connection that was able to arrange a special leather appointment where she was guaranteed a bag, complete with a gift (notebook), for a fee. I’ve read of arrangements/packages like this on here but i think people often gatekeep details.

I learned of Erica through my sister who regularly watches her channel. I remember sis was annoyed at the fact how Erica never explains how she got that appointment.

I chuckled a bit when I saw how Erica showing off her gift. I’m sorry but I just can’t picture her actually using it. I bet she does not like how they heat stamped her initials and now she can’t sell or regift. I mean this is a lady who sent her only child to a community college, calling it an economically smarter choice.

Moving on topic, for those who happened to be curious of my attempts, I got rejected for Friday and Saturday as well. It seems they no longer send rejection texts as I only received emails. While twice isn’t much of a try, I am starting to wonder, why my email addy from first try seems “blocked.” It was great that I could still register with a different addy but that makes me question that they really must do something with my real addy! And catching up with this thread it seems pre pandemic purchase history seems to be gone for many so does this mean I am starting out again? Yikes!!

Interestingly, my sister received THE TEXT last night, welcoming her for tomorrow’s appointment. This appointment system works odd. They say it’s random but is for real? On her last trip, she got it with just single try. In fact, she has never gone past three tries to secure appointment! If it’s really random, I think I would make my sister buy me Powerball tickets from now on.

Last edited:
One is ericasgirlyworld.
This SA works for several departments actually, and a lot with "influencers".
She has been "reprimanded" a few times for her dancing videos by her bosses, but nothing really important.

This SA works for several departments actually, and a lot with "influencers".
She has been "reprimanded" a few times for her dancing videos by her bosses, but nothing really important.
I know exactly which SA you’re referring to. I was there a few months ago at the opening time and saw her standing by the stairs to welcome people. Looks like she can help her clients in various departments (or maybe they would have to buy jewelry? Idk)

I think that many YT collections are reflective of the pervasive sentiment within the "luxury community" including tPF where we should only buy the classics with resell and "investment" value being at the forefront of our minds. Sure, it's boring and uninspired, but so is the state of the "luxury community" right now.
Also, ten or some odd years ago, fashion bloggers/vloggers did this as truly a passion hobby. They just so happened to end up making money. But nowadays all these new up and coming influencers are going into it as a career.

The last trip was right before the pandemic. She went FSH the day of arrival as she was confirmed appointment with single try. She did not make any purchase.

This trip, we just arrived yesterday and did not get a chance to visit any Hermes yet.

Of course, getting appointment does not mean guarantee of a bag. We would have to wait and see how it goes tomorrow. Still I am somewhat jealous she gets appointments quite easily, especially when I know others have tried many times more.
Thank you. That means she had made some purchases before the pandemic.