Influencers and Hermes

I can definitely see the business case for Hermes allowing influencers like Cassie to buy a mini Kelly. She is likely to "influence" others to either become Hermes clients or buy all the other stuff Hermes has just to have a chance at getting a quota bag. Rinse and repeat.
agree. I mean Hermes was the first to use the influencer game, even before it was called that, whether they admit it or not. First with Grace Kelly, then with Jane Birkin, and then with shows such as Sex and the City and Will and Grace to include the exclusivity of the Birkin to pop culture, etc.

They know what they are doing. :smile:

I understand what Hermes may say to certain clients about their protocol, but this thread alone is an indication that it is not as meritorious as you think it is. Unless, you think Cassie is lying about purchasing the mini Kelly at the boutique? Or that she spent the $30k to buy it preloved? Or you think it is a replica? I watch Cassie a lot and I don't position her as someone to do either of these things, especially as she was reading directly off her receipt in the video.

I can definitely see the business case for Hermes allowing influencers like Cassie to buy a mini Kelly. She is likely to "influence" others to either become Hermes clients or buy all the other stuff Hermes has just to have a chance at getting a quota bag. Rinse and repeat.

I don't follow any influencers or YouTubers. I do not know Cassie, and would not comment about the contents that she posted.

I haven't seen the video but... Videos like this is what makes me wonder how likely a normal human being like myself can actually get a Kelly without having to sell my organs so I can buy other stuff first before getting an offer ahhh my dream. If I can't get Hermes at some point in this life, I tell myself I can always get a Valextra, Moynat or Delvaux although not the same

Reactions: JLO1
I don't follow any influencers or YouTubers. I do not know Cassie, and would not comment about the contents that she posted.
Yet, here you are commenting in the Influencers and Hermes thread. And I'm only pointing this out since you felt the need look through @PurseUOut post history and comment how you think they may not be knowledgable on the topic since they haven't posted in this forum.

I don't know why, maybe I do, some in the H community seem to think Hermes doesn't need or want the attention Influencers/Content Creators bring. They are a business. They've had a wonderful legacy and part of that legacy has been staying true to their brand while adapting appropriately to the changing times. And like it or not, Social Media is a part of that now.

Yet, here you are commenting in the Influencers and Hermes thread. And I'm only pointing this out since you felt the need look through @PurseUOut post history and comment how you think they may not be knowledgable on the topic since they haven't posted in this forum.

I don't know why, maybe I do, some in the H community seem to think Hermes doesn't need or want the attention Influencers/Content Creators bring. They are a business. They've had a wonderful legacy and part of that legacy has been staying true to their brand while adapting appropriately to the changing times. And like it or not, Social Media is a part of that now.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and point of view. Would you agree?

In terms of people's posts in the forum, would you consider the inputs from people who have long-time shopping history at Hermes more creditable? Maybe you would believe in the things that the influencers or YouTuber or other people say or post, but I am not one of them. In the era where there is so much misinformation in the internet, sometimes diligence is needed to verify the source or credentials of the information.

I think her MKII is real but her being an influencer was absolutely why she got offered a bag so quickly. It’s super unrealistic and it sucks for influencers to contribute to some sort of expectation that a MKII with such little purchase history is possible. She doesn’t have an angel SA, she is an influencer whose job it is to sell product so Hermes prioritized her. Even all of us on tPF and YouTube speculating on her bag and how she got it demonstrates why it is worth it for Hermes to sell her a QB.

I think her MKII is real but her being an influencer was absolutely why she got offered a bag so quickly. It’s super unrealistic and it sucks for influencers to contribute to some sort of expectation that a MKII with such little purchase history is possible. She doesn’t have an angel SA, she is an influencer whose job it is to sell product so Hermes prioritized her. Even all of us on tPF and YouTube speculating on her bag and how she got it demonstrates why it is worth it for Hermes to sell her a QB.
I think it might also play into things that an orange bag, even a mini k, may be harder to match with a client's wishlist, and so this 'expedited' her getting the offer - I'd be more apt to side-eye things if she was offered a neutral or popular colour so quickly.

I do not watch these influencers on YouTube, but Hermes definitely works with influencers. In 2018, Hermes hired Michael Carl to be head the new division of press and influence. Hermès through Michael Carl has started dressing many actors and actresses both established and up and coming. By introducing make up, Hermes has also evolved into a market that is now heavily based on social media influencers. Since Hermes has always been marketed as a lifestyle encompassing all their universes, I believe influencers also are used in the more established and traditional universes. The role of influencers is definitely not being ignored by Hermes and its teams. Now, though I doubt it would ever be publicly shared, I would not be surprised if bags are offered more easily to important enough influencers.

There is also Michael Coste in Paris who is simply there to welcome celebrities and some influencers while also making sure these people do not leave empty handed and without a social media post.

I do not watch these influencers on YouTube, but Hermes definitely works with influencers. In 2018, Hermes hired Michael Carl to be head the new division of press and influence. Hermès through Michael Carl has started dressing many actors and actresses both established and up and coming. By introducing make up, Hermes has also evolved into a market that is now heavily based on social media influencers. Since Hermes has always been marketed as a lifestyle encompassing all their universes, I believe influencers also are used in the more established and traditional universes. The role of influencers is definitely not being ignored by Hermes and its teams. Now, though I doubt it would ever be publicly shared, I would not be surprised if bags are offered more easily to important enough influencers.

There is also Michael Coste in Paris who is simply there to welcome celebrities and some influencers while also making sure these people do not leave empty handed and without a social media post.
Omg yes. I'm following Michael Coste on insta. He has photos with the Jenners and Kardashians and also the lady from Bling empire.

Hermes working with influencers to promote their makeup or more entry-level (lower-priced) items totally makes sense because these products lines are catering to mass-markets.

For Birkin and Kelly bags, there are always demands for these bags among the famous people - e.g. Grace Kelly, Jane Birkin, Victoria Beckman, J. Lo, Kardashians family, Jamie Chua, and many Hollywood stars; and among the rich people.

So, I would question why Hermes need to offer their Birkin and Kelly bags to lesser known "influencers" with little to no spend, provided that these bags have been world-renowned for decades (as seen in the celebrities and famous people); and there are already not enough bags for the existing clients who are well-established in the Hermes shopping history.

I think I am not believing 100% in the lesser known "influencers" about the Birkin/Kelly bag offerings with little spend, in general. Hermes Birkin or Kelly bags have been world-renowned for decades and not sure if additional attention is needed for these bags.

Last edited:
Hermes working with influencers to promote their makeup or more entry-level (lower-priced) items totally makes sense because these products lines are catering to mass-markets.

For Birkin and Kelly bags, there are always demands for these bags among the famous people - e.g. Grace Kelly, Jane Birkin, Victoria Beckman, J. Lo, Kardashians family, Jamie Chua, and many Hollywood stars; and among the rich people.

So, I would question why Hermes need to offer their Birkin and Kelly bags to lesser known "influencers" with little to no spend, provided that these bags have been world-renowned for decades (as seen in the celebrities and famous people); and there are already not enough bags for the existing clients who are well-established in the Hermes shopping history.

I think I am not believing 100% in the lesser known "influencers" about the Birkin/Kelly bag offerings with little spend, in general. Hermes Birkin or Kelly bags have been world-renowned for decades and not sure if additional attention is needed for these bags.
Good point. This makes me wonder... What if (and its just a what if OK....) Hermes wants to attract the nouveau rich. And you know, if you didn't come from money, Hermes can be so intimidating as a brand. However, if you follow an influencer who has that brand it makes the brand look a bit friendlier... So is it possible that Hermes maybe doing this? They wanna attract a new type of clientele who maybe wanting to get in the circle through using relatable influencers? (this is just me being a bit crafty, no offense) the already rich and famous don't need an intro to birkin or Kelly. But, the new rich people who probably made their money say from tech start ups or new businesses would need an intro to B and K.

Once again, I am merely saying I wouldn’t be surprised if Hermes at their own discretion would facilitate bag offers to people they have esteemed as influential. The very fact they created a division for press and influence in the NY corporate office demonstrates a desire for Hermes to tap into the realm of social media influencers.

Attention from a younger crowd that shops using and because of social media is definitely something any brand would like to cultivate currently. How else does a brand get products onto younger platforms like TikTok? Prada and other brands have been heavily using TikTok partnerships geared towards a younger demographic. For Hermes to not also pick up on such communication and marketing techniques would be quite surprising to me. For example, dressing Euphoria actress Sidney Sweeney all in Hermes for I believe Vogue, I would argue was done to appeal to a younger audience.

Finally, I think in general we should all be happy when someone gets offered a bag they have dreamed of whether that comes with no other purchases or a decades long love affair. I don’t believe Hermes is a zero sum game. I don’t even agree that Hermes is a game. Plus, for the MP store without possibly purposely doing it, they have gotten quite the advertisement that cost them nothing; in fact, they made money and a new loyal customer with influence. I call that genius marketing.

Once again, I am merely saying I wouldn’t be surprised if Hermes at their own discretion would facilitate bag offers to people they have esteemed as influential. The very fact they created a division for press and influence in the NY corporate office demonstrates a desire for Hermes to tap into the realm of social media influencers.

Attention from a younger crowd that shops using and because of social media is definitely something any brand would like to cultivate currently. How else does a brand get products onto younger platforms like TikTok? Prada and other brands have been heavily using TikTok partnerships geared towards a younger demographic. For Hermes to not also pick up on such communication and marketing techniques would be quite surprising to me. For example, dressing Euphoria actress Sidney Sweeney all in Hermes for I believe Vogue, I would argue was done to appeal to a younger audience.

Finally, I think in general we should all be happy when someone gets offered a bag they have dreamed of whether that comes with no other purchases or a decades long love affair. I don’t believe Hermes is a zero sum game. I don’t even agree that Hermes is a game. Plus, for the MP store without possibly purposely doing it, they have gotten quite the advertisement that cost them nothing; in fact, they made money and a new loyal customer with influence. I call that genius marketing.

The example that you mentioned in your comment is an actress, not a "lesser known" influencer.
So, Hermes already can attract attention from younger crowd using younger celebrities or famous people, but not quite the "lesser known" influencers...
I think that was the point I tried to make in my previous post.

Reactions: J'adoreHermes