Influencers and Hermes

kttREX

Jul 19, 2021
Has anyone else noticed influencers starting to have Hermes bags?

I swear in the past like 6 months or a year, all of my favorite younger influencers have started showing off Hermes bags, black Kellys and Birkins especially. Like MVB and Babba etc etc. Do you think this is a push from Hermes and the marketing side? Are these girls getting these bags for free or discounted? Or just younger influencers starting to appreciate the craftsmanship and actually purchasing the bags themselves?

Curious if anyone had any thoughts!

I've noticed this too, and I realized they started collaborating with them after they launched their beauty line. Never before in the past, would Hermès have invited influencers to their HQ in Pantin to show beforehand the drop of new products. I'm sure it's all a new marketing strategy, perhaps to acquire a younger clientele - who knows?

But of one thing I'm pretty sure, they don't give away bags for free or discounted to influencers, they have to pay full price... but they might have less stress getting them.

I've noticed this too, and I realized they started collaborating with them after they launched their beauty line. Never before in the past, would Hermès have invited influencers to their HQ in Pantin to show beforehand the drop of new products. I'm sure it's all a new marketing strategy, perhaps to acquire a younger clientele - who knows?

But of one thing I'm pretty sure, they don't give away bags for free or discounted to influencers, they have to pay full price... but they might have less stress getting them.

YES! I think you're totally right! I think it all started with the make up and the lip stick in particular, I didnt think about that but I feel like that was sort of when it started and now they all seem to have a birkin and a kelly! It is interesting to see Hermes marketing pivot to influencers. I honestly sort of thought they were above that? But who knows! Everything is digital now so maybe that have to keep up??

Hermes is getting more popular in general I think. Many factors here of course - more people can afford it, people getting out of other brands and focusing on H, and I'm sure many other reasons too. People post about H because H gets the clicks and views, kinda the whole point / goal for an influencer...this is very obvious on platforms where you can see how many times a post is viewed / liked / commented on etc. and you see H content gets more attention than others. I notice this so much on places like RED. I mean, I notice it on this very forum lol!

Of course this creates a cycle: people post more H content since they know it's popular, and their content make more people learn about / desire H making it more popular. I don't know how much H is intentionally helping this along (my personal feeling is that yes they are definitely helping a little bit but that's just my feeling), but I'm sure they aren't too upset about it especially when it reflects in their sales numbers.

And it's obvious they are trying to reach a previously untapped audience with things like the beauty line.

Perhaps H is better understanding the "social media" client & is now informally introducing the
brand via influencers. I do think H is trying to attract a new younger client base.
Goodness I remember the day the beauty line came out in the NYC Madison Avenue store
( clients of various ages & then the influencers started coming in at 11:00am.. it was quite a scene)
The intro of the price point of the beauty line was likely meant to attract that younger client that may
not be totally familiar with all the products that H offers..

Actually I do think Hermes is aiming to introduce younger people into the brand. I attended the launch of the ginger twilly perfume and it was all fun and games, watercolour workshops and silk ribbons etc. Very enjoyable for the younger or young at heart. It’s a wise move I think, a brand dies when it becomes fossilised. Also, I may not be able to afford a bag, but I can buy a glam lipstick and nail varnish.
I do my best to minimise social media consumption, lots of fakes, dupes and second hand purchases out there. (Nothing wrong with second hand of course, I love vintage)

Actually I do think Hermes is aiming to introduce younger people into the brand. I attended the launch of the ginger twilly perfume and it was all fun and games, watercolour workshops and silk ribbons etc. Very enjoyable for the younger or young at heart. It’s a wise move I think, a brand dies when it becomes fossilised. Also, I may not be able to afford a bag, but I can buy a glam lipstick and nail varnish.
I do my best to minimise social media consumption, lots of fakes, dupes and second hand purchases out there. (Nothing wrong with second hand of course, I love vintage)

We had that discussion 11 years ago with J'aime Mon Carre https://trendland.com/jaime-mon-carre-by-hermes/ https://www.disneyrollergirl.net/jaime-mon-carre-hermes-does-street-style/ young people are already aware of the brand.

For sure, Leonnie Hanne got 2 mini Kelly's this year, I think for free!
Why would you say she got it for free?
i heard that no one gets any bag for free not even with a discount at H
its not like LV were coussin bags were gifted
it might have been easier for her to get a mini but mini Kelly despite being difficult to get aren’t considered as quota bags
some celebs use priveporter to source bags that mean that even if they’re celebrities they cannot always get the bag in the specs they want