Influencer "borrowed" my content without credit

ConsciFashion

Apr 14, 2020
Wanted to check your views folks. So a few weeks ago I shared my blog with Caitlyn Pawlowski, the fledgling influencer, and asked her opinion on it. She acknowledged the message and posts a video a few days later about Chanel's "dirty" secrets including her Nazi connection.

I'd written about this in my latest post at the moment. Caitlyn has never mentioned her knowledge of this fact before in any of her videos. It's anyway a fact that Chanel as a brand tries to keep on the down low.

Now I'm hesitant to post new content lest she lift more of it. Am I overthinking it? It could be a coincidence but the timing makes me think it isn't. What should I do? Below is the post:

• Wow
Reactions: haute okole
This is a tough call since you willingly shared the content with her and asked her for her opinion on it. It’s possible if she did find creative influence from you that she felt she had permission so to speak. Finding creative influence from other sources most likely happens frequently. Many influencers, bloggers, designers, actors, etc find creative influence from others and other designs. I’m not sure there is anything you can do other than maybe let her know you don’t appreciate the video she posted and that you feel she used your content. That might help prevent it from happening again but since many find creative influence from others, I don’t think this will be the only time this happens or the only influencer who finds influence from you.

You will quickly come to realize that if you post content of substance and information, it will likely be copied and republished elsewhere. I know the frustration all too well, as our PurseBlog content has been subjected to this for years. Don't give it any life and continue on with your own publishing.
Yes I guess you're right. Welcome to the real world right? Thank you so much for weighing in with your views. And yes I'll keep posting. :smile:

Wanted to check your views folks. So a few weeks ago I shared my blog with Caitlyn Pawlowski, the fledgling influencer, and asked her opinion on it. She acknowledged the message and posts a video a few days later about Chanel's "dirty" secrets including her Nazi connection.

I'd written about this in my latest post at the moment. Caitlyn has never mentioned her knowledge of this fact before in any of her videos. It's anyway a fact that Chanel as a brand tries to keep on the down low.

Now I'm hesitant to post new content lest she lift more of it. Am I overthinking it? It could be a coincidence but the timing makes me think it isn't. What should I do? Below is the post:

I always try to reach out to persons who have stated or wrote about any content I am discussing on my channel. I think it's important to give credit where credit is due. ..However, people will lift your ideas and especially if it's out there for public consumption already. I am sorry that this happened to you though.

The polite thing for her to do would be to say that she'd been reading up on this subject from your blog, if that's what led to her commenting on it, but unless she's actually plagiarised you then try not to let it bother you.

Like the above posters have commented it cant be stopped. It probably would help if u reached out to her and told her that in the future u would like credit for inspiration on the topic.

this is an old topic I know but sometimes it feels better when we take back control.

I'm a fan of Caitlin, so maybe I'm biased. But, honestly, there's so much content online about Coco Chanel and her Nazi ties. (E.g.,

which was posted before your blog post)

Also, she has a lot more detail in her video than your blog post.

I have no doubt that your post could have inspired her beginning her own research, but I wouldn't go so far to say she plagiarized your content!