Inflatable Bounce Houses for Kids

dizizit

Sep 24, 2006
Hi!

I was wondering whether to purchase this or just rent for my LO's birthday party...I looked at the prices - the simple ones ran for $300-$500 vs rent for $225 (the commercial type)-you rent it, they deliver and set-up then take it away.
(I just googled this info)

The combo (bounce house dry/wet) ran from $500...

So, I'm torn whether to purchase or buy... I don't know a place near our house where you can rent this.

My budget is below $500

For those of you have tried renting or have one at home...where did you get it? What are the pros and cons?

Thank you!
:biggrin:

Google party rentals and your zip code.
You'll find a better deal that way.
The ones that you rent for $200 ish are MUCH larger and hold more weight than the ones you purchase for $500. Our school PTA just priced the commercial ones and they run $1300+.

Another option is to check out your local gymnastics facilities. They often do birthday parties and the kids can jump on trampolines, they often have bounce houses, etc. I have worked for four different gyms and they all had at least one bounce house for this purpose. The parties will run you anywhere from $50-$200 depending on how fancy and how many kids and how long the party is.

Check craigslist, they are always running specials in area....

Gotta say, not a big fan though...every single birthday any of my kids went to with one, some one always got hurt (not my kids, but someone). Just a few weeks ago I spotted a neighbor girl with a cast on her arm, when I asked what happened...bounce house at a birthday party.

My niece always has a bounce house at her birthday. I think it usually runs around $60-80 for the entire day. We've never had a kid get hurt, but we keep an eye on them while they're in it. My sister usually finds local rental places on the internet.