Inflatable Bounce Houses for Kids

dizizit

Sep 24, 2006
Hi!

I was wondering whether to purchase this or just rent for my LO's birthday party...I looked at the prices - the simple ones ran for $300-$500 vs rent for $225 (the commercial type)-you rent it, they deliver and set-up then take it away.
(I just googled this info)

The combo (bounce house dry/wet) ran from $500...

So, I'm torn whether to purchase or buy... I don't know a place near our house where you can rent this.

My budget is below $500

For those of you have tried renting or have one at home...where did you get it? What are the pros and cons?

Thank you!
:biggrin:

Soulfish_1

Feb 15, 2010
Google party rentals and your zip code.
You'll find a better deal that way.
The ones that you rent for $200 ish are MUCH larger and hold more weight than the ones you purchase for $500. Our school PTA just priced the commercial ones and they run $1300+.

TygerKitty

~*~ addicted ~*~
O.G.
Feb 26, 2008
Another option is to check out your local gymnastics facilities. They often do birthday parties and the kids can jump on trampolines, they often have bounce houses, etc. I have worked for four different gyms and they all had at least one bounce house for this purpose. The parties will run you anywhere from $50-$200 depending on how fancy and how many kids and how long the party is.

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
Check craigslist, they are always running specials in area....

Gotta say, not a big fan though...every single birthday any of my kids went to with one, some one always got hurt (not my kids, but someone). Just a few weeks ago I spotted a neighbor girl with a cast on her arm, when I asked what happened...bounce house at a birthday party.

monkeytail

(Jennifer)
Sep 10, 2009
My niece always has a bounce house at her birthday. I think it usually runs around $60-80 for the entire day. We've never had a kid get hurt, but we keep an eye on them while they're in it. My sister usually finds local rental places on the internet.