Infected paw?

Aug 14, 2006
Canada
I should preface this by saying that my dogs are our kids and I do over worry about them sometimes.

One of our dogs has what looks like an infected cut on his paw. We figured this out after noticing he was limping yesterday. This could have happened on a walk (we walk an average of 3km with the dogs every day), or when he chews/licks his paws. He has allergies and he chews his paws a lot. He also has had diarrhea yesterday and today.

I called our regular vet (who I love) and we can only get him in on Wednesday and they didn't seem too concerned about waiting that long, but of course I'm worried. He seems fine in himself, but he is clearly in pain from his paw.

Should I try to get him into a different vet sooner?

clevercat

catwoman
Sep 29, 2008
Where the heart is
I would - the sooner he is started on a course of antibiotics ( if that's what's needed), the better. I wouldn't want to risk an abscess developing there. Good luck!

Cindi

My baby, Bellis
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
PA USA
I agree with Clever. And you don't want him to be in pain any longer than necessary. I might find a new vet if mine couldn't fit me in for 3 days for a possible infection.