Indigo Questions

Aug 14, 2006
I just started buying LV this year. So I would love to know more. :yes:
  • When was this beautiful color discontinued?
  • Anyone own the Indigo Porte Tresor International? Or....
  • Anyone own the Indigo Zippy Organizer
  • And I've read so many threads on Vernis line - how have any Indigo Wallet owners hold up for the past time you have owned it? Is it as high maintenance as some say it is?
If you own both wallets (any lines - which in your opinion what is the better wallet and why?

I'm leaning more towards trying to find a zippy organizer wallet. I wish this color isn't discontinued. It's so pretty :love:

Karman clarified this is Monogram Mat - Its still a pretty wallet. I have no idea how Monogram Mat is. How different is Monogram Mat to Vernis? That's another question I have. :smile:

Karman clarified this is Monogram Mat - Its still a pretty wallet. I have no idea how Monogram Mat is. How different is Monogram Mat to Vernis? That's another question I have. :smile:

I've seen both Monogram Mat and Vernis IRL, and the Vernis line is much "glossier" than the Monogram Mat, which is more "matte". They're available in different colors, too. I've seen some Vernis handbags w/ vachetta handles, whereas the Monogram Mat handles are of the same material as the body, w/ a vachetta underside (say, the part of the strap that would touch your shoulders).

I just purchased a Monogram Mat handbag in Noir, and I love it, although I haven't used it yet!

Try to compare the glossiness:

Mat:
4e_12.JPG

Vernis:
LVindigo1.jpg

Look carefully, the Mat is more matte (hence the name) than Vernis. Vernis is MUCH MUCH glossier than in pics IRL.

P.s. Pearl, THAT is a beautiful indigo French purse...love it.

I'm back with pictures...

Bronze Vernis Houston

69a9_1.JPG

Red Vernis billfold

be66_12.JPG

Monogram Mat Allston (in navy, I think)

6e_12.JPG

Do you see the diff between the "glossy" vernis and the "matte (but still with a sheen)" monogram mat?

HTH!