Indigo Birkin anyone??

Syma

O.G.
Jan 2, 2007
Hello Ladies, I have a quick question for you. I've been offered a 35cm togo Indigo Birkin with p/h and just wanted to know your opinions/thoughts on this colour? I wear a lot of dark colours, especially black and grey and jeans of course. Do you think that Indigo would be a hard colour to match?? Should I just wait for black? I have quite a few other brand black bags so I was wondering if I should go for something different, but I'm also worried I might regret it later on? I'm not too fussy about matching bags and shoes, but if there are any Indigo owners out there I would love to know your thoughts?

I looked at some of the pics in the reference liobrary and the Indigo looks almost black to me? Is it a very dark navy IRL? TIA for all your thoughts, this would be my one and only birkin so I'm hoping to get the right one :yes:

Is there the opportunity to go see the bag? I say go look at it before making a final decision, but if this is going to be your only Birkin for a while and you're fussy about matching, you may want to give a lot of thought to waiting for black, especially if you want it to be a bag you will wear a lot and not just keep for special occasions.

Good luck with your choice! :smile:

I have and loooove my only birkin in indigo!! I prefer dark colors but never keep a black H bag for some reason - indigo has color and depth IMO -- I have used it nonstop since I received it in July - it's a perfect color -- and I also wear jeans a lot....I just think H does colors so well I prefer this over black....my other favs are raisin and graphite...hth!

Ohhhhhh. LOVE indigo. It is a very, very dark blue that in natural light it's almost black. But under sunlight you can tell it's the MOST beautiful shade of dark, dark blue. It goes very well with pretty much all the colors you like/ wear, esp with jeans! Indigo can be dressed up AND down. Very versatile! I said GO FOR IT!!!

Indigo is a fantastic color! I have it with gold hardware and it goes with everything :heart:

Attachments

• indigobirkin21s.jpg
    indigobirkin21s.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 5,079
Hello Ladies, I have a quick question for you. I've been offered a 35cm togo Indigo Birkin with p/h and just wanted to know your opinions/thoughts on this colour? I wear a lot of dark colours, especially black and grey and jeans of course. Do you think that Indigo would be a hard colour to match?? Should I just wait for black? I have quite a few other brand black bags so I was wondering if I should go for something different, but I'm also worried I might regret it later on? I'm not too fussy about matching bags and shoes, but if there are any Indigo owners out there I would love to know your thoughts?

I looked at some of the pics in the reference liobrary and the Indigo looks almost black to me? Is it a very dark navy IRL? TIA for all your thoughts, this would be my one and only birkin so I'm hoping to get the right one :yes:

Syma - I'd jump at that opportunity! Especially with the palladium hardware, wow!

Ranag, this is beautiful.

I agree with H Black, am not really a fan (then again, am not a huge black bag person). I like the depth of Indigo Togo. I think with GHW, it's classy. With PHW, it's chic and modern. Both are great! I think you'd love it Syma. It sounds fabulous!!

attachment.php

I think with blue jeans Indigo can be even better than black, and I'm a black lover. I just love the thought of a girl in a black pea coat, blue jeans, and an indigo bag. Fantastic.
A tan blazer w/jeans and indigo bag, gorgeous. If you wear allot of jeans like most people, I think you cannot go wrong with indigo. I've seen a Kelly in indigo and it was very dark and beautiful.

Thank you so much ladies for all your help! I'm going to take a look tomorrow morning! DH has of course banned me from any new bags for a long long time after this. I was a bit worried about the whole navy/black combo but DH thinks that there are so many black birkins around that Indigo might be a refreshing change. I hope the colour doesn't look too flat in togo.

On another note it's so nice to see my BV sisters here (Jburgh, Ms Piggy) I love your pic Ranag, Your bag looks almost a very dark grey blue in the pic.

Please keep your opinions coming, I have until tomorrow to make up my mind :flowers:

Syma,

I don't have a Birkin, (one on order), but I do have a dark navy Kelly. I can tell you that it works with absolutely everything. When you want it to look black, it can. To my eye it's like black with a subtle "kick". I bought the bag in Paris, and my SA there talked to me about the joys of dark navy against blacks and browns. She gathered cashmere shawls and RTW and basically created a visual fashion show for me. I would seriously consider the indigo if I were you. It's interesting, and -- "oh so French". And it would be my very first choice.