indie/franken nail polish sources!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got my LaceyLou's Stockpile polish yesterday! I bought the Frolic one. Here are some quickie swatches but I just thought I'd give some thoughts on it too. It comes in the little round container (in my hand) which is cute for novelty's sake but as soon as I started using it I realized how tedious it would be over time. It comes with a stirring/mixing stick, and an extra bottle of clear 'liquid fusion.' I'm not 100% sure what this is or if I used it properly. The directions say to mix it into the polish as needed, and use the brush from it to apply the polish. I found the polish itself to be a slightly thinner formula than I expected therefore a lot of the glitter flakes kept to the bottom of the bottle which meant I kept having to stir it up (enter the tedious part here).

I put it over Essie's marshmallow and this is only two coats pictured - sorta thin ones at that so it could probably get even better coverage if you wanted it. The larger flakes are a little hard to position, and some of them don't lay exactly flat so a nice thick TC is probably necessary as well as some manual maneuvering.

Other than that, it's lovely and pretty much as pictured on etsy and here in my photos too! Definitely a cute/unique polish to have in your collection.
pretty!!

Thats a cute idea, I dont know if I would want to go through all that trouble though.
yes, I agree....still up in the air!

So I got my LaceyLou's Stockpile polish yesterday! I bought the Frolic one. Here are some quickie swatches but I just thought I'd give some thoughts on it too. It comes in the little round container (in my hand) which is cute for novelty's sake but as soon as I started using it I realized how tedious it would be over time. It comes with a stirring/mixing stick, and an extra bottle of clear 'liquid fusion.' I'm not 100% sure what this is or if I used it properly. The directions say to mix it into the polish as needed, and use the brush from it to apply the polish. I found the polish itself to be a slightly thinner formula than I expected therefore a lot of the glitter flakes kept to the bottom of the bottle which meant I kept having to stir it up (enter the tedious part here).

I put it over Essie's marshmallow and this is only two coats pictured - sorta thin ones at that so it could probably get even better coverage if you wanted it. The larger flakes are a little hard to position, and some of them don't lay exactly flat so a nice thick TC is probably necessary as well as some manual maneuvering.

Other than that, it's lovely and pretty much as pictured on etsy and here in my photos too! Definitely a cute/unique polish to have in your collection.

that is pretty, but I'm not digging the bottle personally.

I had not heard of Dollish Polish until I saw this post today: http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2012/02/dollish-polish-swatches.html

I must say, I'm intrigued now (although I'm not sure why they're called custom?). Having browsed the shop, I think I want the Fire in the Night Sky polishes, Toxic Avenger and Random Dancing.

I just got Toxic Avenger and Ghost with the Most last week. I really like them, although my Toxic Avenger is a lot more red/copper then the pictures I have seen, but I havent gone out in the sun with it on yet so maybe thats what I need to do?

That looks really really pretty. :biggrin: Seems a bit too troublesome, but the pretty- and uniqueness of it is definitely in its favor.

I came across Polished Components last night, after seeing her holo listings while perusing Etsy. She has an Elements collection that she just came out with, with Night and Day components for each element. The Day versions are linear holos, while the Night versions are duochromes with scattered holographic glitter (to represent the stars that come out at night). They're top coats and only sold in minis. Here's her more detailed explanation.

I think it's pretty cool that her Day versions aren't just clear top coats that happen to be holo. If you look at her swatches, all of them are layered over black, but it doesn't seem that way at all. :biggrin:

I ordered a set of the Day versions, so I'm quite excited to get it and try them out.

I had not heard of Dollish Polish until I saw this post today: http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2012/02/dollish-polish-swatches.html

I must say, I'm intrigued now (although I'm not sure why they're called custom?). Having browsed the shop, I think I want the Fire in the Night Sky polishes, Toxic Avenger and Random Dancing.

amazing swatch of toxic avenger!!!! really makes me want it now even more. I think I will wait to order from dollishpolish, I have a bunch in my cart currently hehe. I just ordered some nerdlacquer so I should wait a bit until my next payday and hopefully toxic avenger will not sell out again by next thursday!

I came across Polished Components last night, after seeing her holo listings while perusing Etsy. She has an Elements collection that she just came out with, with Night and Day components for each element. The Day versions are linear holos, while the Night versions are duochromes with scattered holographic glitter (to represent the stars that come out at night). They're top coats and only sold in minis. Here's her more detailed explanation.

I think it's pretty cool that her Day versions aren't just clear top coats that happen to be holo. If you look at her swatches, all of them are layered over black, but it doesn't seem that way at all. :biggrin:

I ordered a set of the Day versions, so I'm quite excited to get it and try them out.

very cool concept. I just wish they were actual holos though and not just top coats.

Oo nice find! Very interesting!

Ooo those are lovely. I'll definitely keep her in mind when my ban is over. You'll definitely have to take pics!

Can anyone comment on how quickly dollish polish ships? I purchased 2 colors on Tuesday and haven't heard anything- no shipping email or messgae. I am used to super service on etsy....:sad: a little disappointing...

Can anyone comment on how quickly dollish polish ships? I purchased 2 colors on Tuesday and haven't heard anything- no shipping email or messgae. I am used to super service on etsy....:sad: a little disappointing...

Hmm, I got a shipping notification 2 or 3 days after ordering and then when I messaged her because a polish got left out she sent it out the next day.

I believe that when I bought mine, she said she ships twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays. I could be wrong but thats what I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.