Food Indian Food?

Absolutely love it! The best cuisine ever....just wish I could cook it myself, but I have no clue. The closest I get is buying a pre-made sauce, and putting meat and/or vegetables in it.

If there's anyone in/around the Fredericksburg VA area who wants to teach me how to cook it, I'd really appreciate it!!!

oh man, all my friends know that this is the one type of food i cannot stand. i've tried it about 20 different times in restaurants, from different regions, and something about the smell makes me want to sneeze and then wash my clothes when i get home.

i'm still going to hang in there, though, and force myself to go until i like it.

Just tried it for the first time a month ago and LOVED it! A little place in Manhattan (UES). It was kosher vegetarian indian, gotta love THAT. My faves are saag paneer, chana masala, loki kafta, kachuri chat, naan, & the yogurt sauce. I have eaten there 4 times already & I live in Florida. I will definately always make it a part of my nyc trips.

I gotta get me some basmati rice, I ran out and didn't bother to buy more lately but now I totally feel like Biryani or some curry.

I think I'll make some dhal now.. :yahoo:
Oh and I make a really good south african biryani.

I love Indian food but only if it is prepared very well.

Can someone recommend a great lunch restaurant to me in the Vancouver - Richmond - Delta area of British Columbia? I'm new here.

There are probably tons in Surrey but that's a long drive for lunch.

mmmm butter chicken. One of my all time favorite dishes.

I love basmati rice too.... the real thing, improted from India.... I get mine at this little indian/pakastani market near my neighborhood... costs more than what is at the grocery but so, so, so far superior!

We Love Indian food!! I'm a vegetarian so it's great for me to go with my DH... I get the veggie curries or paneers while he gets his Tandoori chicken or coconut chicken curry. The Naans are sooooo GOOD!!

YUMMMMM!! :biggrin: