Food Indian Food?

I love love love Indian food! My best friend growing up was Indian and her mom was the best cook EVER. She made this stuff that was like pudding made from yogurt. It was yellow and it had coconut and cardamom in it. It was soooo good.

I love spicy hot food, but most people around here are weary of "ethnic cuisine" :rolleyes: Whenever I go out I order blander stuff like bhaji, dosas, pakora. People are usually surprised by how tasty it is when they give it a chance!

I love chicken tikka masala, tandoori chicken, chicken vindaloo, and lots of other kinds, not sure of the names, though. And I like some of the vegetable dishes.

Coconut (peshawari --sorry if spelled wrong) Naan is very delicious.

Definitely NOT a fan of Indian food. It's too earthy tasting for me and I can't handle spicy foods of any sort. DH on the other hand LOVES Indian food - the spicier the better. Sometimes I have to grin-and-bear it because he has serious cravings for it sometimes. I like Naan bread but I cannot eat that thin cracker bread stuff. :nogood: I simply do not have the tongue for it! ;)

I love curry whether it be Indian, Japanese, Thai, Cambodian, etc., but I'm not familiar w/ most of the Indian authentic cuisine. I wish I could eat at Indian restaurants much more often, but the people I hang out with are not into it like I am, so I will have to take solo trips, *sigh* There's this Aroma restaurant whose buffet I'd love to try.
I do really enjoy their rose perfume water- very delicious! Oh, and I like that really thin, grainy chip dish that they had as an appetizer at Aroma; don't know what it's called.

I survived on Indian food with my 2nd pregnancy...ekekeke...cravings. I ate nothing but curries, dosais, chappatis, na'ans, sweet treats like ladus. Here in SG its easy to find good indian food, there's even fusion indian-muslim food like indian fried noodles, bone steak. But for authentic Indian food...Lil India in Serangoon rd is the way to go...yummo.