India Zip anyone?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    Does anyone have experience with the India Zip satchel? I just ordered it in almond. I won't be able to get my hands on it for another month though, as I'm deployed and RM doesn't ship to APOs. I'm super excited thinking about it waiting for me when I get home though! I would love to see pics if anyone else owns this bag, seems like it's not too common.

ETA: Looks like it's sold out on RM (they just have the crossbody in stock). The satchel is much more structured than the crossbody, and I love that it's described as "the perfect career bag", because that's exactly what I intend on using it for!
    Here's a picture of the bag from lyst for reference, though it's out of stock there as well. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1455868481.055651.jpg

2. It's a beautiful bag, congrats! I remember there was a topic someone made where she was asking a similar question about the India drawstring satchel version, here: India deawstring satchel. Unfortunately, no one posted a picture of their bag and it seems no one else is talking about these bags anymore. Once you do get a chance to see the bag in person, I hope you will post pictures soon!

3. Thank you! I'm so excited to see it in person. The drawstring was less structured than I was looking for, hoping the satchel fits the bill. I hadn't seen it until I was randomly browsing RM (dangerous!) and am surprised it's not mentioned much, it looks lovely. I will definitely post pics once I get my hands on it. [emoji4]

4. Did you get your bag yet? Do you like it? I just ordered the India satchel in black (wanted the almond but was out of stock by the time I got around to ordering).

5. [Q!UOTE=halobear;29940493]Did you get your bag yet? Do you like it? I just ordered the India satchel in black (wanted the almond but was out of stock by the time I got around to ordering).[/QUOTE]

Hey! I won't be home for another two weeks.
    :-/ I'll definitely post when I get it though.
    Let me know how you like the black one, I'd love to see pics! I probably would have gone black, but I have a medium sized Kate spade that fills that wardrobe void.

6. Hey! I won't be home for another two weeks.
    :-/ I'll definitely post when I get it though.
    Let me know how you like the black one, I'd love to see pics! I probably would have gone black, but I have a medium sized Kate spade that fills that wardrobe void.[/QUOTE]

I returned the black one. The leather looked kind of cheap. And I think the almond color looks better for this style. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture.

7. Finally have pictures to post!
    I've been using the bag for about a week now and really love it. I wouldn't describe it as "roomy" due to the structure, but it fits everything I need and then some. The leather is great! When empty, the bag will slouch/pool, but it stands up on its own when full or partly full.

There is a vertical zip compartment on on outside face (which I use for my phone), one inside zip, and several small inner compartments.

Overall, really happy with my purchase! It's professional enough for work, but not stuffy, and the tassels add a little edge.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1460485237.258537.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1460485164.598269.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1460485191.664001.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1460485211.999947.jpg

8. Shoot, sorry to hear that! Hope you were able to find one you like better.

9. I love the look of it and the leather looks lovely! I also love this type of brown. Congrats!!

10. Thank you! I do like this color of brown...I mix black and brown often and feel like it goes really well with everything.

11. I ended up keeping the green Reagan that I ordered at the same time. I don't have any other bag like it so I'm happy with it.

12. Yay! Glad to hear you are enjoying the bag. This color definitely looks nicer than the black one.

13. It really does go with everything. It reminds me of the Julia satchel by Michael Kors that I was eyeing. It's also in a beautiful shade of brown.

14. Oooh neat! I'll have to check that one out. :amuse:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice